My First Mod/Repair

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
This really doesn't count as a modification, it's actually a repair. One of the soldiers I was working with today and I were standing around shooting the bull about knives and he asked me how much I would charge to repair a blade for him. He then pulled out his Benchmade and showed me what he had done. "OUCH!!!"

attachment.php

Of course, I'm not going to charge a guy to repair a knife that I don't even know if I can repair. As most of you know, I'm a newbie with only a hint of a clue as to what the heck I'm doing (I faked the hint). Long story short, I told him I would try but wouldn't guarantee I could do the repair and suggested my course of action. He was accepting of my plan so I stopped by the shop on my way home for lunch.

I was surprised that it only took me about three minutes to reshape the blade and re-establish the edge. I was "SHOCKED" that I did it without marring the finish of the blade.

attachment.php

My ego is pretty swollen now and I'm extremely pleased with myself. I know I'm the one who did the work and I'm a bit biased, but to me it almost looks as though it could have been a factory shaped blade. It even has a razor sharp edge.

Attachments

• Broke1.jpg
    Broke1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 448
  • Broke2.jpg
    Broke2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 448
Great job Murph! That is a mod. You modified it from a broken knife into a nice looking / working knife.
:35:

Last edited:
Looks great to me! Thats a modification and repair. I like it better than the original personally. 2thumbs

STR

That's AWESOME!!! Great job...i like it better than stock too :)

Back