My First Knife Photo

I agree with you, sardaham. As for the design, MTBob, that looks really, really gorgeous. I’m a great fan of knives, so I’d definitely do a test drive on this knife. Looks really comfy and onion-tiny-cutting. I’m such a knife fan that I’ve even bought myself a canvas picture with a knife (see it here: https://www.frameshop.com.au/canvas-prints). I hung it in my kitchen, and now it looks more attractive. Btw, how do you like Gordon Ramsay’s knives? As far as I know, he often uses Wüsthof and Henckels knives. So, what do you think of it?

Last edited:
Oh, yep. When I read “my first knife photo”, I interpreted it as “a photo of the first knife”, lol. Still, it wouldn’t completely surprise me either way, I’ve seen some peoples first knives, and some are pretty dang good.

Mine's not bad. Many worse knives followed, but the first was for my dad and I put a lot of time and effort into it...this pic is from 2009.

DSC01395.JPG

What a surreal experience in my Covid induced stupor, to open the forum to this posting. I finally figured out that this nearly 2 year old posting was resurrected by someone new to the forum and has again taken legs. I appreciate all the compliments and once I'm over this Chinese caused Wu-Flu, I'll be back in the shop finishing up a couple of knives.

Best wishes, Bob! Hope you get over the Covid quickly and with no lingering effects!

What a surreal experience in my Covid induced stupor, to open the forum to this posting. I finally figured out that this nearly 2 year old posting was resurrected by someone new to the forum and has again taken legs. I appreciate all the compliments and once I'm over this Chinese caused Wu-Flu, I'll be back in the shop finishing up a couple of knives.
Glad to hear you are doing OK Bob.

1084 blade, Ivory scales, red liner and pins.
After making several dozen knives I've been extremely critical of my work, largely because how my clumsy knife making skills compare to the workmanship found on this forum. This little chopper seemed to turn out reasonably well, though I still see lots of room for improvement. However, the lady who received it now uses it as her "go to" knife in the kitchen (or, she may just be overly kind with her comments).
So, I figured I'd better "Come Out Of The Closet" ;) and get this first photo thing behind me. What's aggravating about submitting photos is that the damn photos show up defects that my aging eyes failed to catch.... argh!
But, then, I ask myself if I should worry too much about these minor defects since after a few days use, the knife will likely suffer abuse that will overshadow my flaws.
Bob

View attachment 74886
View attachment 74888
View attachment 74889
View attachment 74890
The way I see it, it’s a custom knife. With the flaws I guarantee you’ll never see another one like it.
It’s personable, if people want cookie cutter tell them to go to Walmart. But as knife makers our goal is to put out a knife without any defects. but me, I kinda like the flaws. Good job!!! Now go make another one.

Back