My first completed knife, g10 and cerakoted

REK Knives

Took a bit as I was doing it in my spare time, but it's finally done! I'll get more specs soon, but for now:

5" blade length
1095 steel
58 hrc in blade and 51 in handle
Tapered tang and lightly skeletonized liners
Cerakoted
Soon to have a ferro notch

I have a lot of flaws in this one since I'm still learning the process and the correct steps (i. E. I forgot to drill my lanyard hole in the g10 before attaching the handles, grind lines aren't perfect, etc). Having a leather sheath made for it later this week.

a2anyqe3.jpg
uzahy9ez.jpg
epemu2a4.jpg

ny8a6uza.jpg

y3e7adu8.jpg

Last edited:
Looks better than my first did back in 96! LOL
Nice job overall, the taper of the tang looks well done and the knife overall looks real useable.
Now its time to make another and work on each step with intent to make it better!

Congrats on finishing your first! It looks very well done - handle looks comfy, bevels appear to be ground nice and thin, and even a tapered tang. :thumbup1:

Congrats on finishing your first! It looks very well done - handle looks comfy, bevels appear to be ground nice and thin, and even a tapered tang. :thumbup1:

Thanks Shawn! yeah the handle is comfortable, but it is a little on the thin side (your hand can wrap all the way around it and it feels too small) in the middle. I wonder if I should do more of a palm swell or also add more width from spine to the edge side?

Back