My Daughter Making A Knife !

that's awsome i only hope i can get my little girl interested in knife making when she is old enough to be in the shop with daddy (she is only 3) she does already say she likes my knives as i bring them in from the garage to show them to my wife.:biggrin:

that's awsome i only hope i can get my little girl interested in knife making when she is old enough to be in the shop with daddy (she is only 3) she does already say she likes my knives as i bring them in from the garage to show them to my wife.:biggrin:

Its funny that you say that . I do the same thing when Im done . I show my wife and kids and they always say that they love them and that the latest is thier most favorite .. They really know how to make a guy feel good . LOL

Thanks everyone :) that I do enjoy making a knife with my dad. It's awesome bonding for us. And I did pick up on it rather quickly. I plan on making more knives, and showing up my dad :)

Thanks again!

-Chrissy

Hello Chrissy,
Great to see you post on here young lady. There is a lady knife dog forum here at KD that you might be able to meet other ladies on that love and enjoy knives.

Now be nice to your dad and don't rub it in when your knife making skills get better
than his.:biggrin:

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

You go Chrissy! That looks awesome already. Please be sure to post pictures of the finished knife. I'd like to see what you choose for your scales. (Bet I know already)

I spent a lot of time hanging out with my Dad in his workshop. He taught me how to use his machines & answered all my stupid questions. I grew up believing he could fix anything. Thanks for bringing back those memories, Mikey. I'm glad I found this thread!

Cathy

Nice job Chrissy! Get dad to bring you to the East Coast Custom Knife Show this weekend down in Jersey City.
Wolfgang Loerchner and his daughter Elizabeth are going to be there. They are two of the best art knife makers in the World!

She is lucky she has someone to teach her. It's harder working it out for yourself and she won't get any bad habits. I hope in two years that I am good enough at this to teach because I promised I would teach my sister to make knives when she turns 5 and she hasn't forgotten after a year.

Feb 17 of last year Chrissy had the urge to make a knife and as you all know that's when she drew out her template and profiled the blade. Almost one year to the date she had that urge to start working on her knife again and I took pics of her next stages. Here we are just past a month or so of her last work and that blade is sitting in the same spot where it started out a year ago.I never push her to get back on that blade. I'm just hoping she wants to dive back in and work on her knife. I guess she'll do it when she's ready ( I hope ). She's gonna be turning 17 in a few months ,drivers license, boys(urrrrrr!!!) I hope she will come back to finish that knife without me asking.

I remember spending time in the shop with my dad (he was a hobbyist woodworker) when I was a kid, and I can't wait until my kids are old enough to do the same.
Hopefully by then I'll have enough tools that they'll be able to build anything they can imagine. Heck, I wish my dad had owned a few more tools when I was a kid. hahah

Sorry I took so long to take a look at this thread now that I see it! Your daughter is a lucky gal to have a Dad like you and hey Dad you are lucky to have a gal like her. I am jealous of her grinds though, dang they look better than mine!:what!::biggrin: You go sweetheart!:35:

Back