Mule Deer

Vombrown

Banned
This is my fiancé and her 6 point Montana Mule deer. 75 yards in the blowing snow in a foot of snow. She's hard core. Stacking that meat in the freezer.

Attachments

• tashas deer 2018.jpg
    tashas deer 2018.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
With a lady like that I wouldn't wait too long. There ain't many women who like to hunt let alone in the blowing snow with a foot on the ground!! Yes sir I'd be before the Justice of the Peace tomorrow!!

That's the kind of hunting if it takes long to get home, you got to thaw it out to skin it!!

With a lady like that I wouldn't wait too long. There ain't many women who like to hunt let alone in the blowing snow with a foot on the ground!! Yes sir I'd be before the Justice of the Peace tomorrow!!

That's the kind of hunting if it takes long to get home, you got to thaw it out to skin it!!
Actually we just hang it up In the unheated shop for a few days. Same as a cold room at the processors. It will freeze overnight but it will likely thaw in the afternoon tomorrow and we'll finish processing it. I actually prefer them cold to skin them. Muleys have a tough hide and it just peels off like an orange if its left to get cold.

She is shooting her new Advanced armament Remington 700 in 300 blackout. Such a great rifle, especially for smaller stature people or women. Nearly zero recoil, accuracy is sub MOA (easily) and suppressor ready. That rifle is a meat getter...especially at relatively short distances out to about 300 yards. This was a perfect, clean kill. One shot, complete penetration and a perfect heart shot. He was dead as soon as she pulled the trigger. He moved 20 yards trying to figure it out. She was shooting some handloads I worked up for her. 178g Amax and chrono speed was about 1600fps average. I believe this might be the perfect deer and elk round. In all seriousness it doesn't get much better.

Back