Most bandaids.....

Bailey Boat

It's only 1:20 EST and I'm on my 3rd bandaid. I think I'll knock off early today, I feel that the handwriting is on the wall.
What's your record for one day???

Electrical tape for me - maybe a bit of paper towel/toilet paper under tape. Works pretty good..... until wife sees it.

If you use band-aids and keep it all clean you loose out on all the blue lines you get from trapped grease under your healed skin. I have several of these. Ed

That doesn't even sound good Ed.... I use bandaids and Neosporin, makes me feel better anyway. The worst part about yesterday was it wasn't the knives that got me. It was all equipment related, that's why I quit early...... I didn't see a positive outcome in my future....

That doesn't even sound good Ed.... I use bandaids and Neosporin, makes me feel better anyway. The worst part about yesterday was it wasn't the knives that got me. It was all equipment related, that's why I quit early...... I didn't see a positive outcome in my future....

O it's not good, just if you keep your cuts clean you don't get the blue line. Ed

Last week I taught the woodcarving merit badge for all the Boy Scout troops in my area. I had twelve boys gathered around on the porch of my local church brandishing blades and making piles of wood chips. I took a fair amount of time talking about knife safety, but accidents still happen. One young man cut his finger pretty badly so I took him inside to get him cleaned up. By the time I came back outside, two other boys had cut themselves. I literally went through half a box of bandaids that night and the porch looked like a crime scene. Luckily it was the back porch, so it shouldn't scare off two many people coming in for church services. So, even though they weren't for me, 25 bandaids in a one hour period is my record.

Stop the bleeding and superglue it! Works well, bandaids seem to fall off all the time! I have done the electrical tape and paper towel thing too! What I like about the superglue is that it seals the wound to keep out the debris. Speaking of which if there is a chance there is anything in the wound don't do it. If the wound is clean the healing process will push the super glue out and keep infection out of the wound!

If in doubt Google superglue in connection with Iraq and Afghanistan wars. A medic from Iraq told me they couldn't keep enough of the medical grade so, they got folks from home to send them superglue. The rate of infection of the medical grade superglue Vs the over the counter brand was almost non-existent. I can't remember the brand they requested the folks from home send them but, if I do I will post it!!

Last edited:
The old folks back home used to put turpentine on their cuts. Keeps them from getting infected and takes the soreness out. They also heal alot faster. Don't laugh it works. Ed

That it does Ed. My father in law taught me the one! I once was trying to change a blade on a circular saw someone had torqued down. I don't remember know exactly how it happened but the blade spun and caught four fingers in the back of the middle joint. A bad place to try and get a bandaid on it because of the constant movement. I was complaining about how much it hurt that night and figured it was going be sore as Hades in the morning.

My father in law says put some turpentine on them and they will be better in the morning. So after my shower that night I tied a bandage around each finger soaked in turpentine. My wife thought I smelled like I had been painting that night but, in the morning none of the four cuts were sore a bit and they already were looking good for healing. It works, don't know why but, it works!!

bandaids?? super glue will work if you can get your hands clean. what worked the best for me was TP or napkins held on with a couple wraps of duct tape. then if wound is on your hand, put a glove on over it (especially if the safety god or goddess is near by)

Back