Moses

P

pjkozy

Hey fellow dogs... I've been making knives since Moses was a mess cook..... (old sailors will get this joke). Started seriously in 1970 and have continued from then on. I have 12 knives in process right now and am uploading a couple pics as a representation of my work. My mark is pjkozy and up until the mid 90's it was Peter' Smithy. I only grind knives anymore so decided to change my mark. I am an old school maker as you can tell from my website... www.pjkozy.com. But enough about me. I look forward to sharing ideas with all you guys and gals.

............ Pete Kozy

Attachments

• dave_knife.jpg
    dave_knife.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 18
  • dennys_sgian_dubh.jpg
    dennys_sgian_dubh.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 20
  • navajo_knife_fancy.jpg
    navajo_knife_fancy.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 19
  • havasupai_fancy.jpg
    havasupai_fancy.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 19
  • yavapai_elk_camp.jpg
    yavapai_elk_camp.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 17
Welcome Mr. Kozy. You really do some beautiful work. I would really like to see some of your sheaths that you mention on your website.

Hello Pete.
Glad to have you here.
I really like that sigian dubh

here are some sheath examples

Welcome Mr. Kozy. You really do some beautiful work. I would really like to see some of your sheaths that you mention on your website.

Thanks for your comment. I had examples with the knives I just sold from my site. I have attached some pictures for anyone interested.

Attachments

• apache_camp_sheath.jpg
    apache_camp_sheath.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 6
  • sheath_leather.jpg
    sheath_leather.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 6
Thanks... I made that for a guy who is a bagpiper. Pronounced Skeen doo, it is meant to be carried in the sock of a bagpiper. I had previously made two sheaths for ceremonial sword sheaths for the same individual. The inlay is Arizona ironwood, one of my favorite materials because it is so dense and takes such a nice shine.

Thanks Jeff... I like the stuff that you do. I also make fire strikers and they sell quickly. I'll upload a couple pics with my next batch.

Thanks Shawn.... I like the stuff you show on your table. You seem to be a traditional guy like me. I am about to make a new model that captures the style of "Merle Seguine" from Alaska. I always liked his utilitarian design.

James...
Checked out your site. I used to do a lot of blacksmith work myself. Try making some cable damascus. It is fun and easy. 3/4 inch cable and use plenty of borax as flux. You will be surprised with the results............ Pete

John...
Thanks for the welcome. Looked at your site. Really like your new tanto design. Plenty of tip curves and solid knife science behind the design......... Pete

Back