Modern day sharp finger

Justin Presson

This might not be everyone's style but I like it and the customer sure does. I have made another on like this but this one I added some texture to the handle and did kind of a dirty etch and stonewash.
01 steel
Hunter Orange g10 hand filed texture for added grip
Carbon fiber pins

very nice. The handle looks perfect for a low-profile daily use kind of knife. I've been thinking about my handles a lot lately. Every knife isn't meant to be held 8 hours at a time and doesn't need a big, fat, ergonomically comfortable handle with palm swells. My Kershaw pocket knives are just like yours above and I've never even had a moment where I wished they were different. I wouldn't use my Kershaws to cut meat all day, and that's not what their intended use is. When you aren't using a knife, sometimes the biggest design advantage is simply not being in the way.

I've said it before, but I really like your blade finishes a lot. I only work with stainless, so I'm not sure if your finish could even be applied. But I'm about to pull the trigger on a large tumbler and ceramic media to try some stonewashed finishes. My utility knives don't need a mirror finish, but aside from making them shiny I've been struggling to come up with an interesting finish for them.

Great work, as always.

Oh, Justin, Justin,..... You're killing me! You keep getting better and I feel stuck in a rut. I keep making the same knife over and over because I took orders, meanwhile you're coming up with new awesome stuff. Great job, love it. Pics and logo look great too.

very nice. The handle looks perfect for a low-profile daily use kind of knife. I've been thinking about my handles a lot lately. Every knife isn't meant to be held 8 hours at a time and doesn't need a big, fat, ergonomically comfortable handle with palm swells. My Kershaw pocket knives are just like yours above and I've never even had a moment where I wished they were different. I wouldn't use my Kershaws to cut meat all day, and that's not what their intended use is. When you aren't using a knife, sometimes the biggest design advantage is simply not being in the way.

I've said it before, but I really like your blade finishes a lot. I only work with stainless, so I'm not sure if your finish could even be applied. But I'm about to pull the trigger on a large tumbler and ceramic media to try some stonewashed finishes. My utility knives don't need a mirror finish, but aside from making them shiny I've been struggling to come up with an interesting finish for them.

Great work, as always.
Thank you. I hear ya John on the handles. This is nice and slim the scales are 1/8", with it being slim and a smaller knife I don't think the user will get any "hot spots" even with the texturing.
I etched that one in AEB-L stainless, give it a shot!

Oh, Justin, Justin,..... You're killing me! You keep getting better and I feel stuck in a rut. I keep making the same knife over and over because I took orders, meanwhile you're coming up with new awesome stuff. Great job, love it. Pics and logo look great too.
Thanks Anthony, it is nice to be able to try new things. You will have to sneak something fun in.

This one is 01 sorry for the confusion I was reffering earlier to John that I have etched and tumbled AEB-L but yes the next ones I make will be stainless. I'm moving towards all stainless unless requested carbon.

Back