minimalist camping this weekend

malignity

I'm going minimalist camping this weekend. Tarp, sleeping bag, bed mat, paracord, and whatever I can fit in my assault pack. Bushcraft and survival training all weekend...

Got about another 8 guys going with me. 80% chance of rain; and bringing 2 of my knives with me to run hard and field test. Will they pass? Will they fail? I'll find out. They'll sure as heck see some use, no doubt there.

Anyone ever done similar?

Minimalist is a floating point, to some only a knife is the point to some anything less than a motor home would be the point. Minimalist when I was 20 would have been very dif, from what it would be now. My body would not think a lot of things I did at 20 would be fun today. It also depends on where you come from. A person that lived an urban or even non-woodsman life would have a dif. point as well. Did malignity hit my def. no but it is his and he will hopefully enjoy it. The day might dome when he takes his knife and walks off into the great outdoors for a while but that takes a few steps to get there. Have fun Man. Have fun.

I grew up on a large farm and between our land and family and friends had around 1000 ac to roam. Did not think of a title I just went with what I figured I needed. Did not want to carry more. lazy I guess. Ed

Last edited:
I guess you're right. It wasn't minimalist per say, but it was fun as heck.

My buddy is a certified survival instructor, and we all went out together and learned wild edibles, fish traps (and ate well for breakfast!) etc.

was a riot!

I guess you're right. It wasn't minimalist per say, but it was fun as heck.

My buddy is a certified survival instructor, and we all went out together and learned wild edibles, fish traps (and ate well for breakfast!) etc.

was a riot!
Sounds awesome. Good bud to have.

Back