Mini Hawk

Gliden07

So went to my buddies today had an old wrench I wanted to make a Mini Hawk with. So here's the final shape.

IMG_20180722_1776.jpg

Still needs to be hardened and tempered. Not sure how I'm gonna finish the handle yet? Something different for me.

I drew out the forky end of a couple of wrenches I got at a flea market into a grilling fork. A guy gave me $30 a piece for them the next day.

That must have been a big wrench to have enough steel on the forky end to make a hawk.

Still really Beefy in the tang/shaft. Thinking I may blow some holes thru the shaft to lighten it up a bit then draw the handle out a couple inches. The tang/shaft is plenty beefy! Just playing!!

Last edited:
You can draw the “tang” out much thinner maybe down to 1/8 and then drill holes and put on full length micarta scales and have a cool workable tool. Just be careful not to fold any of it over because you may get a cold shut. I always worry when flatening a concave shape like that. You can grind it flat then draw it out. Obviously you will have to hot cut the extra length.

Back