Maple burl and desert ironwood

Chris Railey

Here is a new camp knife I just finished up. 1080 steel with distressed etched finish. Coated in flat clear KG Gun Kote to keep the rust away. It has a maple burl handle with a desert ironwood bolster.
P.S. This is the one what got my leg...5C289859-E178-4903-B0D2-1AD22C3B812F.jpeg

Attachments

• 93DC4746-F589-43FA-B100-D5736260242A.jpeg
    93DC4746-F589-43FA-B100-D5736260242A.jpeg
    545.9 KB · Views: 6
Very nice knife Chris! Did you do the coating?
Yes sir. I have always coated my Damascus blades and those with hamons but I have about decided to coat the majority of them now. Ed taught me how. There is a small learning curve but if I can do it...

I fired myself as photographer and hired my wife to take pictures of the knives. One of my best moves so far. She does a much better job than I do but I have to teach her to take pictures of both sides and the top/bottom. She just takes pictures of the side with my name on it. I told her last night and she asked "why?" I told her if you do not show all sides someone will think there is a problem with the other side.

I fired myself as photographer and hired my wife to take pictures of the knives. One of my best moves so far. She does a much better job than I do but I have to teach her to take pictures of both sides and the top/bottom. She just takes pictures of the side with my name on it. I told her last night and she asked "why?" I told her if you do not show all sides someone will think there is a problem with the other side.
I was wondering why there weren't any other pics. That 'splains it, Lucy!

Back