Man I am getting tired of this!!!

C Craft

Got a letter in the mail tonight. A hospital that my wife and I both have used notified us that, FOR SURE, not just possibly, that her personal information has been accessed by a hacker, and they basically may have gotten everything they need to open an identity, short of her SSN. The SSN is the only thing they are sure they didn't get!!! :what!: Well news flash you got more confidence than me that they didn't get that number!!

Really I mean really, in the past 6 -8 years this kind of thing has happened to me and the wife at least a half of dozen times.

Me with the VA,
both of us from another hospital,
both of us from an attack on our credit union,
both of us from a credit card company,
me from a pharmacy,
and her with the latest hospital,
and both of us in an application for a loan that the info for the loan was sold by a bank employee!

And these are the ones I know about! If these companies are going to have all of a person's life on computer, then they got to do better about protecting it!:12::52:

So here I go to another credit service company again to sigh up to monitor our credit for another year!!! I was having a good day too, laughing and cutting up with a bunch of friends and wham one more time. I am tired of playing, wack-a-mole........... and I am the mole!!

Two things in life I can't stand I have always said is a liar and a thief and these low life's qualify for both of those and more!!

I bet you're tired of if it. I would be too. Truth be known I bet most everybodys vital information is floating around somewhere, we just don't know about it. If somebody wanted to pinpoint another person it would be easy to start gathering information until they had it all including the social security number.
I've seen "Life Lock" commercials on tv. Maybe that would give you some rest?

Same here. Just happened to me. Seems to happen about every two years. And about once a year somebody makes a fraudulent purchase because they swiped my credit card number at a restaurant, store, etc.

One of two things has to happen. Either our information will be so readily available that it's not worth protecting anymore and the credit companies and banks will have to come up with something better than tagging us all like cattle with our SSN, or the opposite where everyone just gets sick of the game and reverts back to cash for everything they can possibly use cash for.

I already went the route of having two credit cards. One has a stupid-low limit, so even if it gets swiped there's not much they can get. I use it for gas, snacks, daily stuff and it gets paid off by bank transfer regularly. And one card with enough on it to buy plane tickets and big ticket stuff that never sees the light of day under normal circumstances.

The thing about LifeLock and those services is you still get put in a database that is still accessible by people. I'm just waiting for one of them to get hacked or a disgruntled insider to sell gigs of data before hauling ass to some island to live out the rest of his/her life under an assumed name while drinking pina coladas paid for from a big fat sack of loot. (cash undoubtedly, because they KNOW how the game works.)

CCraft, Bruce,
That is EXACTLY what I was going to recommend,
LifeLock! I agree its a PITA! And noone should have to pay anyone to kee your friggin' Identity safe from
those nefarious types! Its a new world, with all that
these computers can do, and what some "talented"
individuals can do with them, all I can say is we all will eventually have to adapt to it, we will all want to resist it to sone degree, especially us COUNTRY FOLKS! We resist this kind of change the hardest! Because, I think, we are more if the trusting sort, trusting in our fellow man, BUT!! These days are different! I can remember a time when someone was broke down on the side of the road, you just could'nt NOT Stop and help somehow! No matter what yoy had to do, man or woman it didnt matter!
But that is no more! Even here in Alabama not far from where I live and is the county where my wife grew up, and ELDERLY man stopped to help what he thought was a woman broke down on a bridge, at night, when 2 sorry pieces of excrement jumped out of the shadows and beat hin almost to death! But that was not enough, then they threw him off the bridge! If I recall correctly, he did manage to survive, and theu did catch them, but the damage was done not only to a good samaritan, but to the innocence of ever person that was once willing to stop and help people, that has STOPPED, if you are in need of help now, you better get it yourself!
Thats what this new world, new era has to offer!
You must protect your everything anyway you can, so if LifeLock is what it takes, then so be it!
I think you will sleep better!
Rex

It is funny cause I have been busy as can be lately. This morning I sit down and get that latest letter informing us, that the hospital had gotten hacked and what we can do.
So I went to one of the three recommended sites. Before when this happened I got offers to use one of several for a free, (one year credit monitoring service)!
For some reason I am having trouble finding such a thing on any of the three recommend sites. Sooooooooooo, I start to reread the letter and I realize what they are offering to do for us since they let the information get hacked, is to give us three sites where, we can go free to get a one time credit report!!!

Seriously I mean seriously, I can do that on my own. Problem is that report ain't worth the paper it is wrote on. Two seconds after it is printed out and sent to me, they could in fact be using my name and record to get credit anywhere in the world and I would not know it till it is too late!!!

Newsflash hospital take some of the millions you are pirating away in the name of treating humanity, and give those who's lives may now be screwed at the minimum a, 1yr. monitoring service, with emails and text alerts, for free! Your offer isn't even laughable!!:12:

Just feeze your credit. Those credit monitoring companies have built a business on something that is ridiculous. If you freeze your credit, there is nothing that needs to be monitored! Doesn't cost much - you have to freeze it with all three of the goofball agencies. Then nothing can happen. If you ever need to take out a new mortgage, etc. - it's just a matter of unfreezing your credit to get through the paperwork and then re-freezing.

My wife had her identify stolen about 15 years ago. Took us about 8 years to get it cleaned up. The bottom line: credit card companies don't care about making your data more secure and retailers just pass the buck.

The good news for many of you is that you HAVE been notified!
:what!:

The rest of us *think* we are safe...

I've spent this weekend working a Virus / Trojan attack on a company with 300 staff that have been basically idled since Tuesday ... they may be operational by the end of next week...

How many corporations are hacked and don't know it... is the question.

With the extra money from this weekend I'll use the NRA Lifelock discount and get us hooked up with ID Theft protection.

Back