Mammoth Ivory Slipjoint for ICCE.

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
Beautiful bark mammoth Ivory covers this Slipjoint with a Crazy Lace Damascus blade.
come to ICCE to get a look at it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 50
That is so nice Calvin - I just LOVE the looks of mammoth ivory..... even the bark looks good. Does that have your usual bevel to the scale/bolster joint?

Ken H>

That is so nice Calvin - I just LOVE the looks of mammoth ivory..... even the bark looks good. Does that have your usual bevel to the scale/bolster joint?

Ken H>

Ken,
If you are asking about dovetailed scales,no. I haven't dovetailed scales on a folder in a long time.

Yeah you hit a home run with this one Calvin. I'm going to have to get to your table fast to take a look at it before it sells.

Calvin, that is absolutely gorgeous! I've got come mammoth ivory, but I'm saving it until my skills are a bit better.

Very nice Calvin. It looks outstanding with Damascus.

That's absolutely gorgeous Calvin! I love it. Hopefully it's still there when I get to the show Sat.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I make a lot of folders with mammoth ivory. I traded off folders for the material. I love the looks each piece has and long ago established a working pattern for it. Notice i didn't include mammoth tooth. I still find it difficult to drill clean holes in this material and sometimes am still not as successful as I want to be.
Frank

Back