Maker’s Mark Poll

Which do you like the most?

• A

• B

• C

Results are only viewable after voting.
Depending on the size I would go for C. There is a sense of neatness to it that translates to the same expectation for the knives it is on

I agree with C but have no apparent reason for choosing it over B. I think that A is a little flashy for the classic style knives you make.

Of the three, I personally like B. Block letters are easy to read, and an less likely misunderstand as A might be. B also has your name a bit larger than the word "knives". Keep in mind that my perspective is looking at it from someone who has no idea who you are, where you are, and how easily I could type "Zito Knives" into google and find you. ;)

Of the three, I personally like B. Block letters are easy to read, and an less likely misunderstand as A might be. B also has your name a bit larger than the word "knives". Keep in mind that my perspective is looking at it from someone who has no idea who you are, where you are, and how easily I could type "Zito Knives" into google and find you. ;)
That’s the perspective that I feel is the most important. If I ever start selling, I’d like to be very easily findable. Thanks for the input!

I google "Zito Knives" and a Dr Kevin W. Zito in Lafayette, LA comes up as the custom knife maker - isn't that you? His website is "www.zitoknives.com" but right now, the website isn't reachable. Perhaps he's (you?) are working on the website? I see from google search you're one of those "brains" in mathematics at UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA AT LAFAYETTE.

That is the very first return on google, so that's good.

Ken H>

Last edited:
I google "Zito Knives" and a Dr Kevin W. Zito (in Laff comes up as the custom knife maker - isn't that you? His website is "www.zitoknives.com" but right now, the website isn't reachable. Perhaps he's (you?) are working on the website? I see from google search you're one of those "brains" in mathematics at UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA AT LAFAYETTE.

That is the very first return on google, so that's good.

Ken H>
Yep Ken that’s me! I took the site down this morning so I could make a proper under construction page. I put the site up a long time ago as I was thinking it may be nice to eventually have one. I’m gonna get it up and running soon.

I like B best.

+1 on Ernie for stencils. I make my own which allows me versatility but Erine's are better.

Also, Ernie has a recipe on his site for making your own electrolyte and it works great. It even made homemade stencils leave a better mark.

Thanks guys! These images came from IMG, I’m a little disappointed because .28 by .68 is the smallest that they can be printed which is too large. Looks like I’ll be donating $70 to IMG then shucking out another similar amount to Ernie lol. I screamed .125 at these people the entire time and now they tell me that double that height is the smallest they can go. I’ll be calling Ernie in the morning.

Thanks guys! These images came from IMG, I’m a little disappointed because .28 by .68 is the smallest that they can be printed which is too large. Looks like I’ll be donating $70 to IMG then shucking out another similar amount to Ernie lol. I screamed .125 at these people the entire time and now they tell me that double that height is the smallest they can go. I’ll be calling Ernie in the morning.
I kind of had the same experience as you're describing with Ernie when I was working with him to get my mark. I wanted a small mark just like you described to fit on my small folders and sent him my own design to work with. He came back with a mark that was twice the size I had asked for. I had to do a little sweet talking, but he came through with a mark at just the right size. So, don't give up and keep at it until you get what you want.

Ernie, works off of references, :eek: nickel, penny, dime size and tell him! Come mon man I am just a poor boy and, I can't use that. LOL

Really he will resize but its best to use a reference. If not a coin tell him it can't be bigger than 3/8" x 3/8"etc., etc.!

Back