Looking for some aluminum brackets

C Craft

I am looking for a couple of cuts off of 3/8" THICK X 2" X 3" X 2" WIDE aluminum angle. What I am looking for is just like these, https://www.knifegrinderparts.com/products/platen-plate-angle-mounting-brackets

However I want them out of aluminum and 2" wide instead of the 1". I ain't worried about tapping them I can do that!! Anyone got some scrap aluminum angle laying around they would be willing to cut a couple out of! Maybe we could do a swap or something!!

I am looking for a couple of cuts off of 3/8" THICK X 2" X 3" X 2" WIDE aluminum angle. What I am looking for is just like these, https://www.knifegrinderparts.com/products/platen-plate-angle-mounting-brackets

However I want them out of aluminum and 2" wide instead of the 1". I ain't worried about tapping them I can do that!! Anyone got some scrap aluminum angle laying around they would be willing to cut a couple out of! Maybe we could do a swap or something!!
I might have some material that is 1/4" thick. Think that would work since you are going 2" wide instead of 1" wide? - but then again, your tapped holes wouldn't be holding by as many threads. I'll look through my junk tomorrow and let you know if I come up with anything. Bill

C Craft

Thanks Bill. It is one of those things you never need it till you get rid of it. The last time I sold some scrap aluminum I had a piece that would have been perfect! So the last time I sold some scrap aluminum it went in the bucket. It had laid around here for years and as soon as I get rid of it that's just what I needed!!

I think I get that from my father. My mother called him a packrat but, we sure found uses for a lot of that stuff my mother called junk!! Boy was that different times!! LOL

Thanks Bill. It is one of those things you never need it till you get rid of it. The last time I sold some scrap aluminum I had a piece that would have been perfect! So the last time I sold some scrap aluminum it went in the bucket. It had laid around here for years and as soon as I get rid of it that's just what I needed!!

I think I get that from my father. My mother called him a packrat but, we sure found uses for a lot of that stuff my mother called junk!! Boy was that different times!! LOL
Here is that piece of aluminum. It was a piece of 4x6, 1/4 inch wall aluminum tube. I used a piece of it to make my grinding jig. I'm keeping enough around to make another if that one wears out (think I'll live that long?!). So, if 1/4 inch thick would work for you, I would cut off enough for what you are doing and send it your way tomorrow. If so, give me the measurements you need again. ...Bill
Aluminum Stock.jpg

C Craft

Bill I think that will work just fine! Bill I am guessing that is about 8" on the bottom, 6" on the face and then it turns back about 3". Did I get close on the measurements?? Aluminum Stock Cut Sheet.jpg

I hope you can see in this crude cut sketch. What I need is 2 ea. - 2" wide strips off of the front side of that!! I am going to send you a PM, Bill!