Looking for a geek.

T

The Tourist

I've been having trouble uploading pics to photobucket. They claim they want me to download their "bulk loader." I don't want junk in my computer (or should I?).

Is there any way I can load pics directly from my files? I have Windows 7.

Just click upload images and videos. You don't need to use the bulk uploader. Then open the file that has the images, and hold down CTRL while you select them and they should each show they are selected. Another option is hold down shift, click the first in the selections, then the last and it will select them all. You can then hold down control to deselect any you don't want, and it should still leave the others selected.

One more step. After you have uploaded the pictures, there is a series of vertical boxes beneath each one. If you want to post a picture in here (instead of a link) copy and paste what's in the box that says IMG CODE.

There is a great piece of freeware called Irfanview at www.irfanview.com that will let you resize, crop, reformat and touch up pictures easily. It helps if you keep the pictures at 600 or so pixels in the maximum dimension for the folks who don't have fast connections. The free plug-ins are a big help too.

Hey Rock,

I didn't know you could use that one, I've been using direct link and clicking the globe with the chain link on the forum reply window. I gotta try that.

Thanks,

Jeff

One more step. After you have uploaded the pictures, there is a series of vertical boxes beneath each one. If you want to post a picture in here (instead of a link) copy and paste what's in the box that says IMG CODE.

There is a great piece of freeware called Irfanview at www.irfanview.com that will let you resize, crop, reformat and touch up pictures easily. It helps if you keep the pictures at 600 or so pixels in the maximum dimension for the folks who don't have fast connections. The free plug-ins are a big help too.

Yikes, it works.

002-5.jpg

If you have a lot of pictures to upload, go ahead and use the "Bulk Uploader" It's not a permanent download to your PC, It just opens an App that is a LOT faster.

The reason I'm asking is that I've had a few oddball things happen this week.

I have a 'bundled' cable service. While my computer is configured to be wireless, I can see the lights on my modem/router. A few days ago they just clicked off in the middle of a session. I shut the computer off, then re-started it. The lights came back on, and I could access the internet.

This morning K'Dogs was responding slowly. I jumped out for a bit, and when I came back the speed was back up. A check of firewalls and hacker stuff came up negative.

Just to be sure, I checked to see if anything had been installed and found nothing. My belief is that this is my computer. I might not know a lot, but it's mine and it exists to serve me. Simpler is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back