Little 52100 knife

Noellaflamme

I was working on a bullet of Damascus the other day and decided to forge a small knife while waiting for things to hear up and cool down and ended up making what will now be my new edc. Blades just under 3in(.005 under haha) with a stainless guard, copper spacer and black walnut handle
20190825_133313.jpg20190825_133324.jpg

No offence intended but my first impression was that it looks a bit blocky at the front of the handle/bolster transition to the ricasso

No offence intended but my first impression was that it looks a bit blocky at the front of the handle/bolster transition to the ricasso
None taken, I'm always open to constructive criticism. Mind explaining what you mean more? Here's another pic of the area
20190825_203837.jpg

It is the large radius of the end of the finger guard. I have found that a handle that tapers a little toward the ricasso makes for a more comfortable hold and a slightly finer end to the guard takes a hot spot away from the finger

It is the arge radius of the end of the finger guard. I have found that a handle that tapers a little toward the ricasso makes for a more comfortable holdand a slightly finer end to the guard takes a hot spot away from the finger
Ok I think I know what you mean, I'll take that into account in the future. So you mean to kind of taper the guard narrowing it where it meets the blade?

My opinion only but if the guard is much finer at the bottom and the whole handle tapers a bit from about an inch back from the ricasso it is more user friendly for more types of use.

My opinion only but if the guard is much finer at the bottom and the whole handle tapers a bit from about an inch back from the ricasso it is more user friendly for more types of use.
Ok , see your point, i personally prefer handles a little thicker(built this one to fit my hand) but I see how what you were saying could work better for others

Does this show you what I mean
zDkDKnRl.jpg

Yeah I see what you mean, ironically mine isnt too much wider than that, butnsince incident radius the edges of the guard it definitly has a wider blockier look
15667813284249063232866795487279.jpg

As I said it is just my opinion and we make knives to suit our needs and preferences. Maybe the first pics eccentuated the visual effect

As I said it is just my opinion and we make knives to suit our needs and preferences. Maybe the first pics eccentuated the visual effect
Yeah looking at it now the angle may not have been the most flattering for it along with the sharper edges

Back