Liner Lock with Mammoth

BrandantR

Here's the latest knife to come out of my little shop. It's a nice little gentleman's knife. All comments are welcome and thanks for looking.

Knife Specs
Knife Design: Virtue
Open Length: 5-5/8"
Blade Length: 2-1/4"
Blade: CPM154
Bolsters: Dovetailed 416ss
Liners: Anodized 6AL4V Titanium
Spacer: 416ss
Scales: Mammoth ivory
Embellishments: Hand-rubbed satin finished blade. Textured bolsters. Fully fileworked liners. Spacer fully fileworked including on the inside.

WIN_20160829_09_27_36_Pro.jpgWIN_20160829_09_29_48_Pro.jpgWIN_20160829_09_30_13_Pro.jpgWIN_20160829_09_30_24_Pro.jpgWIN_20160829_09_43_01_Pro.jpg

Very nice folder Brandant, watch where you bring that knife, there's people looking to take your ivory nowadays.

Last edited:
Brandant, I realy like that. I'm a fan of small slim knives. The textured bolsters look nice, good looking knife a
all round.

Very nice folder Brandant, watch where you bring that knife, there's people looking to take your ivory nowadays.

Right you are on elephant ivory...... and as hard as it is to believe there are actually 5 states where mammoth ivory is illegal! Seems like they are trying to protect the wooly mammoth or something?

VERY nice workmanship on that knife - LOTS of work when into building that knife. Congrats on a job well done.

Ken H>

Kan and DeMo, Thanks for you comments.

The whole current issue of ivory is a hot topic that many of us are following closely. While I certainly don't condone useless slaughter of animals solely for their tusks, I'm really not sure just how banning mammoth ivory is supposed to rebuild the herds in Siberia. Last I checked, they've been extinct for thousands of years. Maybe the folks at Jurassic Park are working on that.

I don't think the people confiscating the knives know the difference, I wouldn't be surprised to hear of a knife with white micarta being confiscated.

Brandant, all I can say is wow. File work, ivory, and quality craftsmanship all in one package. Ty

Back