liner and spacer material

tmr

I like to use red liner material a lot and red and black mixed for spacers.......I have found that the g10 red and black spacer material .....especially the red is not as nice as the fibre liner material.....the color isn't as bright......is there something that i am doing wrong or is that standard result

I use blue G10 and it works great. A lot of people are not huge fans of the fiber liner.

There are two different reds. Ruby red is the duller of the two. I didn’t like the look of it either so I started using this.
4C29372A-18E5-472A-9FBC-7CFAF7CFB231.jpeg

There are two different reds. Ruby red is the duller of the two. I didn’t like the look of it either so I started using this.
View attachment 80304
Hey Randy, if you have time, could you give a specific reference to which G10 liner that is - including a link to the source. There seems to be a bunch of "Red" G10 liner colors out there. Also, I've noticed a number of places are Out of Stock of red liners.

Hey Randy, if you have time, could you give a specific reference to which G10 liner that is - including a link to the source. There seems to be a bunch of "Red" G10 liner colors out there. Also, I've noticed a number of places are Out of Stock of red liners.
Sure thing. I’ll look it up and get back to you.

The red G10 I’ve used had a tendency to not have a real nice clean “red” color, till I changed how I work it. It comes out nicest if you sand more, buff less. The fiber in it discolors easily. I sand it, seal it in CA, sand to 1500, and buff it by hand with a q-tip with pink rouge. Comes out a nice clean red.

I like the ruby red myself. It is kinda translucent and finishes cleaner than most other colors except black. It doesn't go with everything real well but is a nice understated accent to some. I don't finish anything above 400 ever. But I do waaarsh it real good with alcohol, and finish with teak oil. 17B39888-E0ED-4EFC-9BCC-25F44FB5587D.jpeg0C61EEA7-60C0-4B60-A815-C476C188E732.jpeg59D0DC70-35B8-4F9A-B81E-C5928B409360.jpeg8BC5937B-CEE6-4DD7-8842-47A0777CEBBC.jpeg

thanks for all the input guys.......red liner material seems to be the color that has the widest range of color......i have used the fibre material for years with good results but just recently been hearing complaints about it.........has anyone had any problems with the fibre products that we should be aware of.........I will always remember the words of the late great Bob Loveless " red on a knife handle is like lipstick on a woman".......I am pretty sure that most of the liner that he used in his day was fibre as G10 was not available then

Back