lessons learned from my knife pass around

franklin

Here is my first bolstered knife I have done since the pass around I did awhile ago.
I learned many things from that I applied what I learned and slowed down and here is what I got. some things that were pointed out shafe around pins and ruff spine and bolster pins showing, think I took care of all those check.
all comments welcome.
specs 14-4 stainless 3 and 1/2 inch blade.
copper bolsters and pins in black palm wood with white liners.

Attachments

• 100_5961.jpg
    100_5961.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 100_5965.jpg
    100_5965.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 100_5967.jpg
    100_5967.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 94
Looks like a very outstanding knife Larry- I admire your guts to send out a knife for examination and unfiltered input. That one has a cool look- almost a southwest-style look with the extra pins- like it.

I'm loving that blade shape.

Great job on the pins. I'd be scared to death to do all of those pins- I'm not sure I'd get them all to line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great looking knife! I really love the use of the copper bolsters and pins. It pairs very well with the black palm scales. Very well thought out.

It is a very nice looking knife. I will have to finish my knife with bolsters. I just need to take the time to do it.

Hey, nice knife. I've been wanting to ask you about the pass around. I was brand new on here when you were doing that last year and I only remember a little about it. Do you feel you got some good honest feedback? When you hand someone a knife in person, most people don't want to point out something negative right on the spot. Were the guys on here brutally honest or scared to say what they really thought? I'd like to do something like that to, but I need complete honesty, don't worry about hurting my feelings. I don't have any makers around me really, maybe a pass around would be good. Have a lot of guys on here done a pass around?

Thanks guys, Anthony every one was pretty honest without being mean some things I new would come up but it was things that I never would have thought of that got my attention the most. The only thing I would say would be keep it smaller say five people tops or its hard so guys don't just say the same things over again. It was nice to see what others focus on when they first hold your knife, that's what a customer will see to.

Back