Leather Supplier

Mike Martinez

So, I made a sheath and though it didn't come out "great" it came out good enough to make me want to try it a few more times. I have a pretty varied collection of leather working tools which turned up while cleaning the garage... I'd like to get some good leather so that my efforts aren't a total waste. Any suggestions on suppliers beside Tandy, Springfield Supply and hobby stores? Thanks gents.

Regards,
Mike

I use lots of leather , all weights from 2 oz to 14 oz. I order 8 to 10 sides at a time and will only use standard from Wicket and Craig. It is the best I have found for carving or any thing else. I have tried many different places but like this best. Just my 2 cents worth. 1 800 826 6379 Glen ext 222 KT

Last edited:
Thanks KT. I found W&C via a link on another forum... Great to see that they have your approval. It speaks highly for them, you do impeccable work.

RJF Leather - IMO the best hides I've used in the last 50 years..........I used W & C for years but switched to RJF about two years ago with no regrets - hides are old time pit tanned from Portugal - he also sells shoulders which can be the "best" buy for sheath makers who don't/can't order a lot of leather at one time. He also sells pre-dyed backs which some makers like Paul Long use. Backs are the premium cut.
http://rjfleather.com/content/index.php/products/
Give Roger a call - great to do business with
RJF Leather Co.
15 Woodsview Drive
Elmira, NY 14903
Phone: (607) 742-8969

It has been many years since I have failed to agree with Chuck Burrows. I think it was over how strong coffee should be! I switched over from Wickett & Craig to RJK leather and have been extremely pleased with the product and the service. The double shoulders are some of the best I have seen in years.----Sandy

Last edited:
Gentlemen, you're beyond generous. Thank you for pointing me in a great direction and helping save time and money vetting through the mess of options.

Regards,
Mike

Back