Latest Trapper

paps

Here's the latest trapper to come off the bench. It's the fourth of this pattern that I've squeezed out of the chute. Blade and backsprings are CPM-154, bolsters and liners are 410 stainless, and the covers are Desert Ironwood Burl. I know screw together construction is taboo in some circles for slipjoints but I've had lots of fun learning how to put them together. Thanks for the look! -Phil

Attachments

• 463K0414a.jpg
    463K0414a.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 463K0414c.JPG
    463K0414c.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 463K0414d.jpg
    463K0414d.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 53
Guys, I had the pleasure to drool over it in person today. It is a real looker for sure. The pics don't do it justice.

Bill

I like it. I think the screw construction looks good. Gives you a option down the road to change out the slabs if you want.

Some well known makers are using screws on slip joints and lock backs sometimes. I think this one is a fine looking folder. I'm presently working on a double bladed liner lock that's sold and have another to do. To see one I have completed go the Custom Knife Gallery . Thanks. Frank

Can't seem to find the right place to see your 2 bladed liner lock Frank. Can you point me to it...I'd like to see it for sure. Thanks for the kind comment.

Well thanks for bothering to ask ! That one of yours, looks better each time I look at it. Not slick but real neat and altogether.
To find that one of mine go to the Custom Knife Gallery and use the pull down on the left hand side with names. When you find my name select utility folders. I believe it's now sold. I could have used yours to figure where I was going but very different. That's to say however, yours could have given me ideas if I saw it six months ago. I hope you like it even just some ! Frank

Found it Frank...that's a real beauty...no wonder it's sold! I never made a two bladed linerlock but might have to give it a shot. Love those ivory scales on yours and the filework is too cool.

Appreciate all the comments!

I do believe one similar to this one you just made would look terrific with some Damascus bolsters and some mammoth ivory. The one I'm making now as well has Damascus blades. I still don't do pictures myself but my wife is now doing a few. I don't post into the forums so I don't show here. Frank

Back