Latest Pile of Stuff

backtines

Hey Guys , Been real busy at work dealing with this snow. I havent had time to really post anything lately . Ive made a bunch of stuff , some completed and some not. I have a few game dinner deadlines coming up , so Ive been chipping away at these knives for these functions..

Everything in there is 1095 and 1084.. I have some antler scales ,jiraffe bone scales some laminated walnut scales, and a really nice burly set on the damascus blade. ( dont know the name of it , but its cool ) I used a scrap piece of desert iron wood for the bolsters on that one with hidden pins. ( that was a first for me ) I think I left the handle way to beefy for my taste but I was affraid to keep grinding away because I didnt know exactly where or when the pins would show up in the bolsters. So I left it and it will sit on my bench for a while till i figure out what to do with it..

I figured Id show these knives because it seems like when the sheathes get done , the knives are out the door the same night and I dont get to take any pictures to show you guys .

I really like to single out each of them as they're made, but I guess this is better then nothing. lol.

Last edited:
You do really nice work Mikey! They all look great but those clip points that aren't finished yet are fantastic. The lines and proportions and overall profiles on the blades and handles of those raised clip blades are perfect to my eye. Good stuff.

The Damascus blade with the thumb ramp and burl bolster is one fine looking knife! They are all nice Mikey,
But the proportions and look of that one just jump off the page!

Glad to hear the snow has keep you busy and working. One heck of a winter you are having back there!

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. Always good hearing nice things.. This weather out here is good for business , keeping me busy ,but enough is enough. I'd rather be messin with knives.. Thanks again guys.

Beautiful solid looking knives! nice etched blade finish!...my Favourite is the one with the orange Giraffe-Bone(?) handle!

Thank you. I love that one nthe most too. Lol. Ya know I must of had those giraffe scales in my box for two years.. I started making a handle with them before , but I over cut them and made them way to thin and small for the knife I was working on at the time. So after dealing with the terrible smell of them when grinding and not being able to use them cause they were too small, I threw them in the box with the hopes of using them someday. Sure enough , they found a home on that knife. I'll take some better pics when I have the chance.. The knife came out nice and thin too..

Back