Latest Knife & a Turkey

SYD32

I am sure that most of you feel the same way I do in that you can't find enough time to stay in the workshop. So in between a full time job, baseball practice for two young boys and some great hunting trips i found some time to finish this knife. The knife is hollow ground from CPM 154 bar stock. TX k|Knifemakers did the heat treat and cryo treatment. Blade is 3 7/8 inches long and the overall length of the knife is 8 1/4 inches. Stabilized maple scales, mosaic pins and stainless steel bolsters and spacers finished it off. The last photo is of my oldest son and me with his first turkey! What a great hunt in Flagstaff, AZ.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC_0019.jpg
    DSC_0019.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Noah's 1st Turkey.jpg
    Noah's 1st Turkey.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 57
The knife turned out well but the last pic with the son and the turkey is the most precious of all!:35:

Great knife and congrats on the boys first bird .. I remember little Mikey's first bird like yesterday.. No words , photos or explanations can describe the feeling you had when it took place.. I know exactly how you were feeling. Something that you'll remember for the rest of your life ! Great job all the way around !

I love the handle on that knife. The spacers are awesome.
Are those reptiles wild? We don't have any here.

I love the handle on that knife. The spacers are awesome.
Are those reptiles wild? We don't have any here.

Liam,
That is a Wild Turkey as in Bird! "Meleagris gallopavo" If Ben Franklin had his way, That would be the USA national bird instead of a Bald Eagle.

The knife is very well done! Love that red Maple handle and the overall shape of the knife.
Glad you had a great time with your boy.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

I am sure that most of you feel the same way I do in that you can't find enough time to stay in the workshop. So in between a full time job, baseball practice for two young boys and some great hunting trips i found some time to finish this knife. The knife is hollow ground from CPM 154 bar stock. TX k|Knifemakers did the heat treat and cryo treatment. Blade is 3 7/8 inches long and the overall length of the knife is 8 1/4 inches. Stabilized maple scales, mosaic pins and stainless steel bolsters and spacers finished it off. The last photo is of my oldest son and me with his first turkey! What a great hunt in Flagstaff, AZ.

Thanks for looking!

Great looking knife,boy and turkey!
I can tell its not an Osceola or Eastern so it must be one of those Merriams?

I'm a father, grandfather and knifemaker. I much prefer the photo of you and your son. A couple of fine men and a beautiful bird! Good job dad!

That said, Love the knife. Nice attention to detail. I'm a big fan of tapered tangs but then your file work would be lost. Love it!

Thanks for all of the great comments!

Yes, the turkey was a Merriams, shot southwest of Flagstaff, AZ.

Back