last nights outage

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
We paid our server and domain renewal bill on time but the host ISP software messed up and let the domain expire last night when it should have been auto-renewed. Luckily we didn't get a domain squatter grabbing it right away so we could get the renewal pushed through this morning when I got the host owner on the phone and we got the issue fixed.

We return you now to your regularly scheduled KnifeDogs.com :60:

I was getting nervous Boss :s12108:

I was beginning to think Janik put the smackdown on me with the old Ban Hammer :hammer:

Glad we're back up and running again :)

-Josh

That explains the weird site that was popping up when I tried to get on this morning! The lady on the page, like Laurence was talking about, didn't make sense when I got it but got to thinking about it and I had a feeling it might be something like that!

For some reason safari couldn't download it until this morning (Sunday), you might want to check into that.
I sure am glad to be back,I MISSED Y'ALL!:sad:

It depends where you live. Once the domain switched off, the internet and tens of thousands of servers along they way kick out the IP address. Once the domain is switched back on, it has to propogate back into the network. Some ISP and hosts use caching and are reluctant to refresh things often to keep data and hardware costs down. It can take several days for a domain to be visible around the globe once it is turned on or turned back on in our case. When I was talking to the tech guy, he could see the site was back up and working in California 20 minutes before I could pull it back up here in Minnesota.

Back