Kool Mist

Freds Edge

I have had a problem burning up end mills on some of my tougher steels, so I did a little looking and research and decided to go with a " Kool Mist " system. This is a misting system that uses air to create a vacuum that delivers a lube fluid ( bio degradable and people friendly) in a cool mist to lube and cool the tool and work piece . I used it tonight and was very pleased with the results. The system uses only 1oz of fluid /Hr.
IMG_0374.jpgIMG_0375.jpgIMG_0376.jpg

I did not notice any, this is a very fine mist if you hold your hand in front of the nozzle you get a cold damp mist and no smell . The web site(koolmist.com) has msds info to read.

We run this system on both our mills, one a Bridgeport J head the other a Sherline mini mill, we run one on the wet grinder as well and like the result.

When my son is operating the CNC Bridgeport for long periods of time the air does become saturated with the mist which in summer is no problem, we turn on the big exhaust unit. In the winter, I do find something else to do, my lungs don't tolerate the stuff very well. Getting old me thinks.

Fred

I only run the system to do small jobs , slot guards etc , so the run time is not great. I'm thinking of using it on my belt grinder but only running water not the lube fluid for the mist.
Fred

Back