Knifemaking Hacks...384 Tips

MarcWeitz

Woot! Got the book "Knifemaking Hacks - 384 Tips to Make Knives Like the Pros" in the mail today. Absolutely chock full of great pics and wisdom..Thanks Jason.

Got mine yesterday. Awesome book! If you don’t have your copy yet you need to get one. Worth the prices just for the excellent photos. A lot of great tips too!

How many of the 384 tips were new to you? Just curious- I may have to get the book but want a little more feedback before dropping the $.

How many of the 384 tips were new to you? Just curious- I may have to get the book but want a little more feedback before dropping the $.
A good many were new but a lot of them were things that I had read before and had forgotten. Haven’t finished it yet but very pleased with my purchase.

Got this one as a freebie on the intro page about the book. Certainly makes sense.

• Harvey Dean said the tool that made the biggest difference in his work was a riding lawnmower. If you can find faster ways to get the chores done, you’ll have more time to make knives.

tool that made the biggest difference in his work was a riding lawnmower.
I agree. I purchased a Zero Radius Turn mower a few years ago. It not only mows the grass faster, but the BEST PART is that my wife loves to use it - and that means I don't mow the grass any more. She's happy and I'm really happy!

I agree. I purchased a Zero Radius Turn mower a few years ago. It not only mows the grass faster, but the BEST PART is that my wife loves to use it - and that means I don't mow the grass any more. She's happy and I'm really happy!
Said like a true man that might say ‘it’s a sad thing when a man plants a garden to large for his wife to keep up’. :;)
I’ve done it several times:(;)

Don't have a zero turn, but do have a John Deere! What is their tag line..... "It's not how fast you mow, it's how well you mow fast!" :)

when a man plants a garden to large for his wife to keep up’
THAT is priceless!

Last edited:
Great book Jason. You did a great job putting it together. It will be in the knife shop for everyone that comes through to look through it.

Back