Knifemakers ADD (As long as they are sharp I like em!)

Benr.t

I like making knives. I am not prejudice of styles or genre's. It can be Tactical, dress, kitchen cutlery, brut de forge, Japanese and the list goes on!!
I really like it when I see other makers that don't tie themselves to one style. Burt foster and Jason knight come to mind, those guys make a little bit of everything, and make them all look good!!

Here are 2 I just finished up. The first one is a Scout fighter that I made for my Dad, for his 30th wedding anniversary. Blue is his favorite color, and this is his favorite blade style I make. The blade is 1/4" O1 that has been acid etched and tumbled. The pins are carbon fiber and it has a copper tube.

IMG_2601.jpg

IMG_2602.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

IMG_2606.jpg

The second is a small 5" chef knife. The blade is Aldo's 1095, and the handle is stabilized Amboyna burl. Again carbon fiber pins, and a stainless mosaic pin. It also has a tapered tang. This one is going to the OKCA mini winter show in december.

Let me know what you guys think.

IMG_2609.jpg

IMG_2611.jpg

IMG_2612.jpg

IMG_2613.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2611.jpg

Good lookin !!

I like em both a lot !! love the etched and tumbled finish on the first one and the hamon on the second !!

Ben, your work is always top notch. These two are an example of that! I love them both....Great job!

Ben I really like the finish on the blue one. Can you help a newbie out and go into detail about that finish. How do you "acid etch and tumble"?

Nice work as usual. Clean designs with attention to detail.

Thanks Ben for making such a great anniversary present much better than the jewelry your Mom wants me to get her:happy:

Back