Knifemaker

It is totaly up to you if you want to call yourself a knifemaker. I would say sure if you have made a knife from scratch your a knifemaker.

Bob

And also sometimes happens that you make a knife or any edged tool without any scratch.
:D

Sometimes I do an exercise like this:
I see a flat bar in front of me and thinking about nothing I draw on the steel and later I cut and grind making some adjustments and a knife is going to birth.
Feeling straight in my hand with some drawing skills and with a lot of love it begins to a shape.
After the soul in the HT it seems to have a definitive shape. And... so continue.

I think also that what is moving a knifemaker is about love and passion for what he is doing. Because is this passion to study til the later night how to find the right HT, or to find the best material for the that purpose, or to choose that design to fit the hand of the customer.
Or "simply" to make the best thing possible also if it's making a 1" neck kiridashi with only one lanyard hole and nothing more. It's like an attitude.

Or at worst this is what I think about now. Of course I'm young in this craft but I hope and I'm working to not loose my passion soon.

Just my 2c and sorry for my english!

Cheers!
:sleeping dog:

Last edited:
Back