Knifemaker in PA looking for other local makers who want to meet up & talk shop

[AG] Blades

Hi,
My Name is Alec, My wife & I just moved to Franklin County PA (blue ridge summit to be specific) and i think it would be great for me and anyone else who lives local to meet up compare knives, shops, techniques and materials! There are so few knifemakers out there so im reaching out to anyone who is in driving distance (ill drive) who wants to improve by sharing knowledge or just make a friend with similair interests.

Please feel free to call or text me @ (951)704.5003

I live 30min south west of Gettysburg very close to the Maryland border F.Y.I
Counties close to mine are:
-Adams
-Washington

Last edited:
Over in Schuylkill county Pa, Deer Lake to be exact. It's about two hours east of your area, I think it would be cool to get together with someone new, but that's a long way to go. It might be doable though, not much to do here in the middle of winter. Let me know your thoughts when you can. I've been building for two years now and I do all stock removal.

Wayne

Hey Wayne,
I looked you about 2 hours away which really isnt that bad but it aint no 45 min either. It seems since those so few knifemakers in these parts, someone will just have to drive. I travel alot for work and 2 hours doesnt bother me. Send me a text sometime. Im also doing stock removal, I just moved here and in the process of setting up my shop (installing 20 4' flourescents and 30 outlets) which is taking sometime but ive been a woodworker for 4 years so i have a pretty searious tool setup. Its always koo comparing tools and stuff. Well see if we can make this happen sometime. Have a good one!

Thanks for compliments on the shop Alec, it's very small but I think that helps it be very efficient. Anyway, I have some stuff coming up this weekend, but sometime in February it will ease up a bit. Let me know your availability and who is going which way and maybe we can get together.

Wayne

Hey we got a pretty nice group going we could meet at different people shops share ideas trade knives, material and hang out. Hey Wayne sorry it took me a couple days to reply to your message, Take down my email aaguth26@live.com so if i dont answer on here right away you can email.
Im in the same boat as you i wont be able to do anything till March because im traveling the NE attending tradeshows for my work.

Gage: FYI your about 2 hours away from me but thats still a reasonable drive.

Remist17: Your the closest to me about 45mins-1hr away so thats good thats not a bad drive at all

If anyone of you are interested in getting sometype of meetup together send me an email and we can get this going.

Thanks, Alec

Last edited:
Hey Farchyld, Hey Scott Wheeler
Thanks for posting on this thread hopefully we can get a whole collection of knifemakers in PA on here. You guys are both about 2hrs away from me but as far as i can telll your pretty close to each other.
Well if either of you wanna hang out with another maker or wanna see my shop shop anytime just let me know we can set somthin up.
Keep on Makin!

Sounds great! I just packed most of my shop up last night though, about to move. Can't wait to get it all unpacked!

Sounds great! I just packed most of my shop up last night though, about to move. Can't wait to get it all unpacked!

Moving a shop worth of tools is never fun. Where are you moving to? I moved like 4 months ago to here and because i have alot of woodworking machinery plus all my knifemaking stuff it was a huge pain. I dont wanna move again for like 10 years. Hopefully yours goes smoother.

Still locally. We haven't decided just yet, but no more the 30 minutes away.

Yeah, it made me sad to strip the walls and pack up everything. Bare pegboard is a sad sight!

Back