Knifedog Award winners

Brad Lilly

Moderator and Awards Boss
Here are the winners of 2014 Knifedog Awards.

NON TACTICAL FIXED BLADE Under 10" (Over all) J. Doyle
NON TACTICAL FIXED BLADE 10" and longer (Over all) Wade Haugham
BEST FORUM EDUCATOR Ed Caffrey
BEST NEW BUILDER Self Made Knives (Close race congratulations to all you guys)
TACTICAL FOLDER Ausbrooks
KITCHEN KNIVES HHH Knives
NON TACTICAL FOLDERS Ed Caffrey
TOP DOG Clavin Robinson
NEO TRIBAL / BUSHCRAFT / HAWKS, AXES Wade Haugham
LEATHERWORKS Kid Terico
TACTICAL FIXED BLADE Scott Davidson
kit knives and blade blanks slatroni

Thanks to all you guys (My guys in non gender specific) who nominated, voted or won. The membership here makes this the best knife forum on the web.

kit knives and blade blanks slatroni

Thank you Brad and all the Dogs! Now that I am making my own blades, I hopefully I can move up on the list next year.

Thanks again
Steve

Congratulations to all the winners, all were well deserved. Thanks for taking the time to put this together Brad.

Brad thanks for doing this and thanks to everyone that voted for my leather work. There were so many nice items to chose from. They were all Just GREAT by great artists. All entries deserved to win. KT

Wow guys! I was honored just to be mentioned and really wasn't expecting this. I've been a big fan of Justin's work and I thought he was a shoe in, so I was really surprised. Thanks a ton for the votes. Now, for the next 10 or 15 years I want to improve enough to give John and Ed a run for the money!:biggrin:

congrats fellow Dogs on your wins. Much deserved!! Thanks everybody that nominated and voted. I was only in one category this year and got beat by Wade. Good race Wade!!

Thank you to all who voted and like the above was more than surprised and humbled by the results. This truly is the best forum on the net because of Tracy and his crew and the unlimited talent and willingness to share knowledge. I am honored to be apart of "The Pound".
Bruce, Thank you for the encouragement during the vote you are certainly a "Master".

Man there were some good close races this year! Awesome to see. That makes it a lot of fun. The 'Best New Builder' race was really great to watch.

Thanks to Tracy and Brad and everyone else who helped set this up. I really appreciate the nominations from everyone in all the categories and also those who voted for my knives.

Congrats to all the winners and also the nominees and the ones who voted. We got our number of end votes up to respectable levels in the last days.

Congratulations to all the winners and to all the nominees. Knifedogs sure does have a great many makers with a lot of talent. It is one of the things that makes this place so special.

This years' voting was especially difficult. So many nice knives and only one vote in each category. The bar sure was raised . . .

A special thank you to Brad and Tracy for making this happen year in and year out.

DeMo

Wow! I'm away for a weekend and come back to see this thread! I'm honored that you folks think enough of me to be nominated, let alone win. I certainly don't do what I do for any recognition....I just know that navigating the "knifemaking road" is a never ending trip, that can get really frustrating. I came down that road when everything was "a secret", and nobody would answer even simple questions. I promised myself that I would never be like that, and my way of doing it is to offer help whenever and however I can.

Cindy and I were talking about that very thing on our trip this weekend.....how my career has come full circle, from being the one asking the questions...and getting no answers, to the one who answers the questions. Kind of ironic, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Many Thanks!!!

Back