Knife size boxes?

Mark Barone

When giving gifts or selling, has anybody found a supplier for boxes that fit their knives? Or other creative ways of giving a knife as a gift? I though maybe smaller diameter mailing tubes also.

Boxes are always a tuff find,one thing that I do for blade edge protection when shipping is I take some 3/8 plastic clear tubing and cut it to length, then using a razor I slit it open down the length and slide the split tube over the edge of the blade and add a couple of wraps of tape.it protects the edge as well as the shipping box.

Just thought I'd throw this out there

I've made nice wood boxes in the past. They are relatively easy to make. I guess it would depend on how nice you want your presentation to be and how much time you have.

However Les Baer uses cardboard boxes for their custom guns. And so do a few other custom gun shops. So cardboard certainly works. Particularly for the price.

I've been looking for presentation boxes. You know like when you buy a nice pen? Want to line them with some Red Velvet to give them some Pop at shows. I'm having the same problem.

I've been looking for presentation boxes. You know like when you buy a nice pen? Want to line them with some Red Velvet to give them some Pop at shows. I'm having the same problem.

Yes that’s what I was hoping for. A little more sturdy, maybe black. Like a jewelry box for knives or pens.

I've been looking for the right box. With a nice bowie, hunter or similar I use a zipper pouch and a cloth bag for the sheath. My last few kitchen knives I've put a cork on the tip then wrapped the blade with off white felt then wrapped with natural linen and tie off with jute. I saw someone do something similar on Instagram. Sometimes I use the square tubes from the post office more often flat rate boxes and bubble wrap.
Gilbert

I've been looking for the right box. With a nice bowie, hunter or similar I use a zipper pouch and a cloth bag for the sheath. My last few kitchen knives I've put a cork on the tip then wrapped the blade with off white felt then wrapped with natural linen and tie off with jute. I saw someone do something similar on Instagram. Sometimes I use the square tubes from the post office more often flat rate boxes and bubble wrap.
Gilbert

That’s creative, What is a zipper pouch... cloth?

Back