Knife Shows

Alden Cole

Anyone have a list of knife shows? I've been to Bladeshow West (spectator) a couple years back, and was wanting to go to OKCA (table) this past April before you know who shut it down, but do not know if there is a list somewhere that someone could point me to, especially in the NW. Thanks!

Anyone have a list of knife shows? I've been to Bladeshow West (spectator) a couple years back, and was wanting to go to OKCA (table) this past April before you know who shut it down, but do not know if there is a list somewhere that someone could point me to, especially in the NW. Thanks!
I was wondering about this too, and a bit surprised that there has been no response.

Yeah! There are some gun and knife shows locally, but I am unsure of the market for handmade knives in them. I guess I'll have to visit them and see.

It's a contest to see which cesspool stinks more, LA, SF, Portland or Seattle. It will be a cold day in... before I spend one dime in any of those cities to go to a knife show. How sad, those beautiful cities have been trashed.

Right? I'd like to go and take my son but nope.

Yeah, same here, which I've never understood.. I'm about 50 miles southeast of Chicago. How is there not a Blade Show Midwest, or any Chicagoland knife shows? Somebody needs to rent out McCormick Place and make it happen.

There used to be an AECA monthly show in Oak Park, IIRC, Drew. The American Edge Collectors sponsored a yearly show of 200+ tables.
Also, back around the mid-2000s, IIRC, there was a big show on the outskirts of the city, too. That one drew internaionally. Didn't last.
I don't believe there is squat any longer, though the Badger Knife Show will likely restart in Southern Wisconsin (Janesville-ish) and that's a good show, too, for regional.
Hope something comes out in this area. I'd like to go renew some old acquaintances.

fitzo to me when the NKCA went bonkers,we lost a lot of opportunity for small area show. I used to enjoy the one at Springfield Missouri. A lot of outstanding makers set up then when done went to Branson for some vacation time.

Unfortunately, it was as of late reported that Blade Show 2020 won't occur because of concerns encompassing the COVID-19 pandemic. The show, which is one of the biggest in the blade world, was initially delayed to later in the year yet has since been totally dropped.

Unfortunately, it was as of late reported that Blade Show 2020 won't occur because of concerns encompassing the COVID-19 pandemic. The show, which is one of the biggest in the blade world, was initially delayed to later in the year yet has since been totally dropped.
This is the second time you’ve posted this. I believe Word for Word. You do realize this is 2021 right?

To answer the OP. The shows I do are Badger Knife Show in Janesville WI, Spirit of the Blade in Troy OH and Blade Show. I'd like to find a decent fall show.

@J. Hoffman

Have you heard anything about the Badger Show and when/if it will return? I'd love to get up there again and maybe, just maybe, walk in the door and my old mentor Ed Brandsey be sitting there at the first table. That might just bring a tear to my eye. And Bob Schrap come up about that same time to say hi and where ya been. I did that show when it was 20 tables arranged in a semicircle to make it look like we took up the whole room. LOL That was a blast. My first show, maybe 1986. Lotta water over the dam since then.

Thanks for any news...

Back