Knife Rights' Virginia Switchblade Ban Repeal Effective July 1st

Critter

Knife Rights' Virginia Switchblade Ban Repeal Bill, SB 758, is effective tomorrow, July 1st. The possession, carry, sale, purchase and manufacture of automatic (switchblade) knives will be legal in the state.

NOTE: The concealed carry knife bans in Virginia, including of switchblade (automatic) knives, will still remain in effect:
"If any person carries about his person, hidden from common observation, (i) any dirk, bowie knife, switchblade knife, ballistic knife, machete, razor, … or (v) any weapon of like kind as those enumerated in this subsection…" Holding a Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit doesn't allow concealed carry of an automatic (switchblade) knife.

Knife Rights will never stop until all archaic knife restrictions in Virginia are repealed.

With the repeal in Virginia, only five states remain with a complete ban on civilian possession of switchblade (automatic) knives. Knife Rights has led the effort to repeal switchblade bans or restrictions in 19 states, starting with New Hampshire in 2010. Repeals have since been enacted in Alaska, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin.

Altogether, Knife Rights' efforts have resulted in 39 bills repealing knife bans in 25 states and over 150 cities and towns since 2010.

Knife Rights' Virginia Switchblade Ban Repeal Bill, SB 758, is effective tomorrow, July 1st. The possession, carry, sale, purchase and manufacture of automatic (switchblade) knives will be legal in the state.

NOTE: The concealed carry knife bans in Virginia, including of switchblade (automatic) knives, will still remain in effect:
"If any person carries about his person, hidden from common observation, (i) any dirk, bowie knife, switchblade knife, ballistic knife, machete, razor, … or (v) any weapon of like kind as those enumerated in this subsection…" Holding a Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit doesn't allow concealed carry of an automatic (switchblade) knife.

Knife Rights will never stop until all archaic knife restrictions in Virginia are repealed

With the repeal in Virginia, only five states remain with a complete ban on civilian possession of switchblade (automatic) knives. Knife Rights has led the effort to repeal switchblade bans or restrictions in 19 states, starting with New Hampshire in 2010. Repeals have since been enacted in Alaska, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin.

Altogether, Knife Rights' efforts have resulted in 39 bills repealing knife bans in 25 states and over 150 cities and towns since 2010.
Well darn! I STILL can't carry my machetes inside-the-waste band...

Sent from my Champion Forge using Tapatalk

I live in VA ...never really understood the "knife" laws here been here 49 years... lol But its ok to carry a AR15 pistol, no not knocking 2A stuff I do have a permit to conceal carry... and I do carry a AR15 pistol during the winter months...
But anyway the knife laws in VA have totally stupid for years. I mean seriously You can open a carry a firearm, What the big deal with a "swithchblade" etc. I have a friend that is a police offer his words and I quote "Honestly we as officers do not have time worry about your knives, I could careless if have switchblade, spring assisted etc knife." We have more important things to worry about, no we not worried about the guy in isle 3 in Walmart that has a Bowie knife opened carried..... "
I have made few Balisongs and have carried them...I mean in public and flipping it and etc. your going cause trouble for yourself.
A knife is a tool to me and I always have at least 3 on me at all times, Plus the Glock 17 in the summer :) and the AR15 during the winter months :)

My clever knife I make that carry every day....Guess you say its a "razor" par say Lol

Attachments

• 75204508_1456398577831365_2484163080611692544_n.jpg
    75204508_1456398577831365_2484163080611692544_n.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 74979730_1456398527831370_7510374633502146560_n.jpg
    74979730_1456398527831370_7510374633502146560_n.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 7

Knife Rights will never stop until all archaic knife restrictions in Virginia are repealed.

Any chance you can help us out in California?

Thanks, @Critter !

Your post led me to find out that restrictive Illinois actually enacted a switchblade/spring assisted knife carry law all the way back in 2018!
Damn, I've finally been legal for a few years and didn't know it. Yay!

Back