Knife Maker Web Sites

Just from this thread I have learned something about each and everyone of you. Thanks you for this. I have seen a thread like this on some forums and it got nasty. It is great that we can all learn something and still be civil to each other and respect each other.

That's like waiting till you are thirsty before you start looking for a place to dig the well!

That's a good simile, and it's very true. But you have to remember that for me, I already have a reliable, good tasting well from which I draw my water. Knife making in my world is more of a luxury and something I do for fun (and sanity :) ). I approach it that I make knives for the sake of making knives, and selling a knife is secondary to that in my life.

That's not to say that I don't take my work very seriously; I strive to provide the best product and customer experience possible. And I'm not trying to turn off new or potential customers. I have had to turn down orders as of late, and I hate doing that (it's hard for me to say "no"), but I do have other priorities in my life. So I guess I just see it as I have no need of further advertising at this time in my life. If I ever wanted to make this into a more profitable venture, I have the time to work on making that adjustment.

Good discussion, and a variety of perspectives here. Everybody has their own favorite brand of soda, and as long as you enjoy the taste of your chosen brand, it's all good. :D;)

--nathan

Back