Knife Identification Help

Hello,

This is my first post to the forum other than my introduction, so please bear with me. The pictures that follow (hopefully) are of a knife I purchased from a shop in Deadwood, SD in the winter of 2000 during a trip with my father. I saw the knife early in the day, and after an afternoon of blackjack at the Mineral Palace, I decided to cash out my winnings and buy it to take something home with me as a memento of our second visit to the Black Hills. Unknown to me, this would be our last trip together, as he died not long after we returned to Texas.

The only information I have about the knife is what the lady in the shop told me. It was made from an old buggy spring, the handle is elk antler, and the maker had a knife on display in either the North Dakota or Montana governor's mansion. I'm not certain at this point which state she said, and I don't recall really believing her at the time. Regardless of the reputation of its maker, or if it is worth a $1000 or $1, I will never part with it. I'd just like a little more information about it if it's out there. I've posted this on another forum, but haven't had any luck so far.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sorry I can't help with information directly about the knife, but this is a perfect example FOR ALL knifemakers..... ALWAYS PUT YOUR NAME ON YOUR KNIVES! Using some obscure logo or initials such as on this knife, means that there is literally no way to acquire any information on the knife, beyond blind luck/stumbling onto the original maker. If you happen to be a knifemaker who sells knives.....the point is.... if people can't find you, they certainly can't purchase a knife from you.

Mr. Caffrey makes a great point. If I knew who made this knife, I can almost guarantee I would have purchased another by this point in time.

Back