Knife #10, bird/trout/edc for my brother

Otto76

Finished this one today. My brother does a lot of backpacking with me and we do a little trout fishing too. I hope this knife will serve him well for both.
1080 steel, full flat grind, micarta scales with red liner and 1/4” stainless pins. Comments and criticisms welcome as always!
C7FCD08D-903F-47F7-8628-E3381E1692B9.jpeg

Love it! I am a big fan of the teardrop handle. It is so comfortable in every kind of grip, and gives a very secure grip when necessary.

That looks to be a very good design.

Love it! I am a big fan of the teardrop handle. It is so comfortable in every kind of grip, and gives a very secure grip when necessary.

That looks to be a very good design.
Thank you! Appreciate it. I didn’t know that was called a teardrop handle but it’s the same shape as the one I carry every day and I agree, very comfortable.

Your brother will treasure it, Otto. Only thing I'd change is that "hump" on the spine just ahead of the scales. When I use a knife like this, I almost always hold it with my index finger stretched along the spine, which gives me the best control and feel. That hump isn't going to feel right, at least for me.

Your brother will treasure it, Otto. Only thing I'd change is that "hump" on the spine just ahead of the scales. When I use a knife like this, I almost always hold it with my index finger stretched along the spine, which gives me the best control and feel. That hump isn't going to feel right, at least for me.
I hear you, he asked for it though. Wanted a little thumb ramp there.

Back