KMG grinder attachment?

scherar

I have been looking at buying a grinder this year and have it narrowed down to the KMG & the TW90. The KMG is definitely easier on the pocketbook, but I have four Bader contact wheels and I guess Rob doesn't make the adapter anymore to fit them to his machine. Does anyone know who might still make this adapter?

Aside from the KMG workrest, I am liking the machine more each time I look at it. On the other hand, if I can't use my wheels on it, I don't know if it is the right choice. Any ideas?

My 2 cents is only cry once and get the TW-90.

The difference will be night and day between the two machines.

I own a KMG and it is a all right machine for the money. I am saving up for the TW-90, The added advantage of the TW-90 is the 90% or 45% feature.

I do also have a Hardcore Products 1 1/2 hp variable and they now have a cast aluminum model that I would get. Look here.

http://www.trugrit.com/knife-hardcore.htm Call and talk with Scott or Ryan to get a exact price, I highly recommend this machine! Light years above the KMG is smoothness!

I wouldn't buy a machine because of a few wheels I already had, That's like buying a car because of some tires I already own. Sell the wheels and get new ones.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Last edited:
My 2 cents is only cry once and get the TW-90.

I wouldn't buy a machine because of a few wheels I already had, That's like buying a car because of some tires I already own. Sell the wheels and get new ones.

Laurence

:) I've been drooling over the TW90 as well, but not getting emails answered, so maybe like Beaumont, won't sell to Canada.

I do understand your wheels concern though - 4 wheels x (?? avg $300??) is like the cost of another KMG. They would certainly enter into the equation for me.

Last edited:
:) I've been drooling over the TW90 as well, but not getting emails answered, so maybe like Beaumont, won't sell to Canada.

I do understand your wheels concern though - 4 wheels x (?? avg $300??) is like the cost of another KMG. They would certainly enter into the equation for me.

Give Travis a phone call, I don't know if he will ship to Canada? I do know he will answer and return phone calls! The TW-90 is so much better made!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

I see what you are saying about the wheels, but when the tires cost half as much as the car, it is something to consider!

I guess I haven't checked, but does the tw90 take Bader style wheels?

Call Travis and ask him? He is a friendly fellow and will answer all your questions about his machine and what it will or won't do.

I understand that the wheels cost money, But from your two options listed of a KMG or a TW-90 machine I would go for the TW-90 with zero hesitation.
If the wheels don't fit? You can use them on what ever machine you took them off of? Save them for a future project? Or sell them.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Why wouldn't they sell to Canada? That's ridiculous. It's no different than shipping to anywhere USA. The customer pays for the shipping so I don't understand the problem...

Hey GWF, I didn't mean that as a derogatory comment. For KMG, I don't KNOW the reason, but I have a reasonable suspicion. When items come across the border into Canada - particularly with UPS - we get hammered with extremely high Brokerage fees as well as our sales taxes. I've actually had brokerage fees higher than the value of the item. Together, the brokerage and the taxes can easily add 20% or more to the cost of an item. So the purchaser has paid maybe $1000 for the item - maybe $150 for shipping - and when it gets to his door, the driver wants another $250. The purchaser gets all angry - refuses the parcel - and it gets sent back to the shipper. Then it really gets bad because the purchaser blames the seller - often publicly - and disputes the C/C charge.

You can't blame a seller for avoiding the situation in the future. Sales outside the country also take extra paperwork - and purchasers often ask a seller to lie on that paperwork. I was hoping to get around most of that hassle by stocking some here, (that way I'm the only CDN a**hole he has to deal with :) ) but no luck. I understand, and thought it important to elaborate on my comment above so it isn't seen as negative. We always appreciate those who go the extra mile to serve us.

Hey GWF, I didn't mean that as a derogatory comment. For KMG, I don't KNOW the reason, but I have a reasonable suspicion. When items come across the border into Canada - particularly with UPS - we get hammered with extremely high Brokerage fees as well as our sales taxes. I've actually had brokerage fees higher than the value of the item. Together, the brokerage and the taxes can easily add 20% or more to the cost of an item. So the purchaser has paid maybe $1000 for the item - maybe $150 for shipping - and when it gets to his door, the driver wants another $250. The purchaser gets all angry - refuses the parcel - and it gets sent back to the shipper. Then it really gets bad because the purchaser blames the seller - often publicly - and disputes the C/C charge.

In talking to Rob at Beaumont this is exactly the issue and experience with international shipping via UPS or FedEx and why Beaumont does not ship internationally. I do know they routinely ship to freight forwarding services based in the U.S. Find a U.S. based forwarding service and ship to them.

Back