KITH 2020 SIGN UP

Ok guys - careful what you ask for. I am the new guy that asked Bossdog about a NoobKITH - I have been somewhat shocked (in a good way) and humbled to see your responses - Mr. Railey said it very well in that I know I cannot match your skills - but I want to learn so bad. So, and I am ok if it is a no or whoever get's me wants a re-count

But can I get in? I have some steel coming and I will ask every day for help....

Mark, feel free to pair me up with the upstart Texan. I got big shoulders, a winning way with people, and I won't put up with any guff from a foreigner,

Mark, feel free to pair me up with the upstart Texan. I got big shoulders, a winning way with people, and I won't put up with any guff from a foreigner,
After picking my jaw off the floor (I have seen your knives Bruce) that is so very kind of you sir

Man - I am going back into my corner and throw up a little - what have I done?

Let's see - I need some metal, and some wood, and some scraper thingys, and some filey thingys - oh! And a jig! I dunno what it is about jigs, but you guys all seem to do a jig while you are making knives - I usually do a jig when a wasp comes near but oh well - what do I know!? (I am beside myself excited)

Man - I am going back into my corner and throw up a little - what have I done?

Let's see - I need some metal, and some wood, and some scraper thingys, and some filey thingys - oh! And a jig! I dunno what it is about jigs, but you guys all seem to do a jig while you are making knives - I usually do a jig when a wasp comes near but oh well - what do I know!? (I am beside myself excited)
Bruce is a good guy. You two will get along fine.

I finally decided on what I will make. I'm going with a 4" EDC based somewhat on the template in the photo. I will probably make some minor design changes, mostly pin placement. But that will be pretty much it. Using 1075 steel. I might go for a Hamon. We'll see. I've never done a Hamon before or used 1075 either. I haven't decided on the handle material yet.

Like Dennis Morland mentioned I'll start a WIP in a separate thread.

Back