Kitchen Beater

Fross

Here ya go DOGS! This is a kitchen knife I just finished(my first kitchen oriented knife), 3/16" 1080 steel with a tapered tang, and a satin finish. Redwood Burl scales with a gritty CA coat to give it some grip. I wanted to make something I could take to the hunt club... and not feel bad about using it for double duty(camp and kitchen). Shes a beater... cant you tell?

campkitchen1.jpg

campkitchen2.jpg

Last edited:
I like how the blade turned out. I'm not sure about the holes in the handle. That's a pretty good looking knife. I think I would pop those scales off and redo them while waiting on the stencils.
Don't take what I'm saying the wrong way bro. I just think the holes are detracting from a very good looking knife.

I been seriously thinking about it.. I got some Redwood Burl that would look awesome... prob what I will do... Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate the honesty.

I'm glad you took my words how I meant them.
I like how your experimenting and trying new things. The holes are not a mistake but a step away from the norm which in my opinion is one of the great things about making knives however you choose. Customer orders are great but the real joy is in stepping up to the grinder and doing whatever you want.

The glue is setting on the redwood burl as we speak :D. Thanks again for the encouragement, first time Ive rescaled anything.

Pictures have been updated with the new scales, makers mark and I removed the patina... This one is going up for sale, its too purty fro me to keep, lol.

Looks great brother.
Those new scales are much better.2thumbs

Great design on your makers mark too!
Keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff.:cool:

Back