Kirinite scales

Jim Moenck

Last August at Boss's hammer-in, I was fortunate enough to get a set of orange Kirinite knife scales. It definitely has a smell like Lexan when you work with it. I made this knife for my son as a deer hunting present, which I'll give to him tomorrow. Should be easy to see when he lays it down in the dry grass.
Thank Boss, and thanks for looking everyone.

DSC00964.jpgDSC00961.jpg

DSC00978.jpgDSC00973.jpg

Jim, good looking knife and perfect application for that Orange Kirinite...

I think it turned out really well. There is just the right amount of orange, and you put it to use very well. Good Job! I'm sure he will be pleased!

Thanks everyone for the compliments. My son was very pleased, and I'm sure he is keeping it. Sorry Brad. He took it to work today to show his co-workers, all of whom are avid deer hunters. I may have to get some more scales.
Boss, thanks for making Kirinite available to us. It's a real good handle material, and pretty darned easy to work with.

Glad to Jim.
Our production order is complete in Europe where it is made. We are air freighting all 6colors of the 3/8" thick and also the 1/4" thick of Black Lava. We hope to have that in a week. The 1/8"' 3/16" and remaining 5 colors in 1/4" are shipping via container and will folow two to three weeks later.
its finally on the way...

The orange looks very nice, great looking knife too.

Tracy, will you be getting any in block form for narrow tang knives?

George

At some point I expect we will but that will have to be worked out after we get up and running with a few more colors.

What is Kirinite?

It is trade name for a new to market knife handle material made of tough acrylic. It has deep, bright colors in random patterns. It is made in Europe and USAknifemaker.com is the exclusive USA knife handle material reseller. We are waiting on our initial shipment to arrive in the next week or so.

Back