• Ernie Swanson

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
1. This is where the veterans help us find an exceptional new maker. Someone who has the vision and ability to carry on our traditions.

2. The nominee should have started making knives about the same time KnifeDogs.com was founded.

3. A photo of the makers work is required.

Last edited:
I'm going to nominate Mr. Bill Coye. I think he started making knives around 4 months before the KD started. His entire career has been documented and his work speaks for itself. I have dealt with him from the very beginning, both as a customer and a friend. He is a great guy, smart business man, and awesome knife maker.

Bill exemplifies vision and ability!

CopyofCoyeKnives12.jpg

Last edited:
attachment.php
1478.jpg
Id like to nominate Josh Dabney. I think we can all agree Josh does excellent work with great attention to detail.

Edit
I just picked this picture because I really liked this knife, however by looking in Josh's gallery its easy to see the great care he puts into his knives.

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
Eric Poris, New Knifemaker

I nominate Eric Poris as a new maker. This example of his work shows his constant attention to detail. his grinds are near perfect and would make most veterans proud. The piece in this picture is hollow groud freehand and was NOT handsanded.This is an exceptional grind.

His pin work and fit and finish is also outstanding in my opinion.

Please consider him for our New Maker Choice Award.

Thanks, Steve
attachment.php

I too , would like to nominate Ernie Swanson . I know that he has already been nominated , but I think this one is his best .
Some of the older dogs here may remember when I commissioned Ernie to make me this knife .​
I need you to remember , because the thread no longer exists . This photo though , was one that was in it .​
At the time this was his 6th knife , and his first custom order .​
His workmanship was perfect , not a line out of place , it's a real beauty .​

022-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back