KC guy just getting started

jblincoe

Hello all, guess im supposed to introduce myself. My name is Joe I am in the Kansas city area actually further south in Olathe KS. I am interested in all aspects of this as a hobby, from stock removal to forging. There is an undeniable draw to working metal that I have had since I was in college, but have been out of it for some time. This forum has been a great source of knowlege for me as I have been looking into getting started. so a little about my background. I graduated with a design degree with a focus on industrial design. I have a design that I have been working on for a survival knife, that I feel has some merit, but I seem to be limited by the tools I have to work with. For now I have been using nothing but an angle grinder with cutoff wheel, hand files, hacksaw and a rather large amount of 1080 steel that i ordered through admiral. I know that with the right tools, my experience, and my patience I will succeed in creating a blade that I can have for years, as well as experience and relationships that could last much longer. Glad to meet you all and I am sure you will all be seeing me around here more often. Thank you in advance for putting up with all the noobie questions.

welcome no questions a dumb one unless its not asked, thats my motto, welcome to the pound!!!!!!

Thanks Bill for the great welcome!

Thank you Mike for the suggestion, I will check it out. I was wondering if there was anyone from my neck of the woods on here.

Back