Katana, bujikan sword, what sword has an ultimate advantage?

K

kip

I know the Katana is sharp enough to cut through stuff that a machette and hatchett wont. I also know it never needs sharpening. Who makes the absolute best Katana that will stand up to hard use?

What swords are allowed to be used in Ninjitsu? as in names? Who makes the best Ninja sword out there? Other than the shorter length that allows you to get it out faster; are there any other advantages to a ninja sword over a Katana?

Is the ninja sword which has the longer handle to appear like a Katana accepted by Master Hatsummi?

Who makes the best training Katana, Ninja sword, and bo staff?

You would probably be better off asking these questions on the martial arts forums.

I know the Katana is sharp enough to cut through stuff that a machette and hatchett wont. I also know it never needs sharpening. Who makes the absolute best Katana that will stand up to hard use?

What swords are allowed to be used in Ninjitsu? as in names? Who makes the best Ninja sword out there? Other than the shorter length that allows you to get it out faster; are there any other advantages to a ninja sword over a Katana?

Is the ninja sword which has the longer handle to appear like a Katana accepted by Master Hatsummi?

Who makes the best training Katana, Ninja sword, and bo staff?
Hello kip how are you . Lots of sword smiths claim that "thier " steel is superior . Its all in the ht and tempering process that determines how well it cuts. Most swordsmiths agree that for the dolllar you cannot beat a high silicon steel , I personally like 9260 and S-7 ,Hammer drill bits are made from it . A longer sword usually has the advantage .JUst like a bigger stick !! Here is a good site for some of the questions you were asking .http://forums.swordforum.com/ In a particular martial art form ,or tradition It all depends on the sensei , he makes the rules . of the 5 sword making traditions they do not all agree !! I hope this helps some .

Last edited:
The only swords that don’t need sharpening are swords that are never used.
What do you consider hard use?
What is your price range?
Dan

Dan Is correct , price should be a BIG consideration , I have swords ranging from 400-500 all the way to a howard clark bainite katana , the going price for that one is $ 9700. The more exotic the material, the harder they are to forge or work thus, the big difference in Costs. Howards swords are world famous for thier cutting ability. I have seen his katanas cut a 3x4 (pine) with one stroke.

Last edited:
Kip, it sounds like you have listened to all the fantasy stories about the mythical katana. A katana is made from steel. Even the best katanas will bend, break, chip, and dull depending on what is done to them. A katana doesn't cut any beter than any other sharp, long, thin profiled piece of steel. There is an art to making a good katana but it has nothing to do with magic. As far as ninja swords go, I'll ask the guy next door. He's been a practicing ninja for a couple years and recently joined the ninja union.

not so much as the sword as learning how to use it. Use a wooden boken for training. they are no laughing matter. Without great technique better to use a gun.

...almost anyone can make a knife but, It takes a swordsmith to make a sword.

Sorry Bubba, but if almost anyone can make a knife, then almost anyone can make a sword.

It's making a sword which makes you a swordsmith. Ipso facto.

Back