Just Showing off my "Rough Country" sheath

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
I had Robin make this sheath for my latest fighter knife and couldnt be happier. I love the style and the small additions that only a craftsman that loves his job could do.

006-3.jpg

008-2.jpg

Bruce, I'm not sure where you got the name "Rough Country". There's nothing "Rough" about that one. All I see is fine detailed craftsmanship. That combo is awesome! Congratulations to you both for crafting such beuatifull pieces.

Bruce, your work is absolutely incredible! The sheath is very, very nice as well - top quality all round!

It's pretty cool that Bruce lets me build a sheath for one of his blades every now and then. I built lots of using sheaths for folks who need to pack a hunter but Bruce up'ed the anti a long ways above what I was building. I hope I can continue to learn how to add finish to function at the pace Bruce does with these blades, it's sure fun to handle his blades. Anyone know where to get see thru leather?

Bruce, Both the sheath and the knife are nothing less then beautiful.. your attention to detail is second to none and by the looks of that fine leather work, so is roughcountry's!

God Bless
Randy

Thanks for the kind words guys. Bruce is a good coach, I just listen to what he want's and then try to get it done.

Robin,
Your work is A1 without question. I just wanted to add to that - I LOVE your swivel knife carving !!!!!!! Anyone can make a single line carving but you Sir take it to another level . For real. . . another level !

I humbly aske your permission to at some point in the future to emmulate your carving style !

Take care - Josh

Just got home, snowing like crazy on the mountain. Josh, your more than welcome to give it a go. If you find something you like in the future send it along my way. I have one peice of my uncle's scroll cutting that is pretty cool. He always used a big blade so the cuts are deep and wide. If I can find it I'll post it. He had a different style and while I started trying to do it like he showed me, my cuts are not quit the same.
Depending on the size of the peice I'm doing, I might change to a knife with a bigger blade. I do like the straight swivel knife blade that is hollow ground. I used a 1/4" blade on Bruce's sheath.

Back