Just finished

backtines

I had this knife finished a while ago and I just finished up the sheath .. I tried something a little different with the center switching and the copper pins. I guess it looks ok .

This is the first etch with my logo and I think I may have burned it in a little too deep . The edges of each letter look like the grew little legs . Is that because the settings are off or I etched for 4 sec at a time for 5 times ? I guess Ill need a little more practice with it . Its hard to see unless your really up close , but I know its there ..

Other then that , we have a nice stabilized scales with red liners. Drop point style blade with a brushed finish on the bolsters.

Thats it for now .

Thanks for looking .

backtines that's a nice looking knife and sheath. I love your work. Cant wait for the next one. KT

Thanks guys .. I posted five pics . I'm only showing three that came up on my computer . Are you guys seeing three or five just curious ?

Mikey, your work is very clean and you are displaying a wide range of talents. It's fun watching you come along on this journey. :)

Mikey, your work is very clean and you are displaying a wide range of talents. It's fun watching you come along on this journey. :)

Thanks john. I'm having fun trying different things and always welcome the different tips that you great knife makers suggest. Thank you.

Very, very nice Mike.
Super clean. The etch will come to you, make a little tape hinge to put on your stencil and lift it up to check depth and you won't lose your alignment.

Steve

Mikey,
Sweet looking knife.
If I may suggest? Spray the blade down with Windex cleaner before you tape the stencil on to the blade. That will help stop that fuzzing on the edge of your logo.

Mikey,
Sweet looking knife.
If I may suggest? Spray the blade down with Windex cleaner before you tape the stencil on to the blade. That will help stop that fuzzing on the edge of your logo.

So spry down with windex and do I dry off or leave it wet ?

Back