jumping belt

that is a new one I hadn't seen or heard of but it makes perfect sense.

Tracy, this happened to me at a Hammer-In at the ABS school about 4 years ago.

We were all set up for a grinding demo. Uncle All gave us a handful of Blue Klingspors as the crowd gathered. Jim Crowell was doing the demo. He talked about how amazing the KMG is...blah blah blah...then turned it on and the belt wobbled like crazy.

There I was, as frantic as a Texas Cheerleader with a Bee in her hair, trying to figure out what was wrong. We tried several belts and they all did the same thing. It turned out to be variations in the width of the belt. You could overlay 2 belts and see the variation. All the belts from that lot had the same problem. They must have been made on a Monday morning...

-Rob

I think Wayne Goddard addressed this on a video. I will look to find out, becase if I am right he has a solution for it. If you know about Wayne he builds alot of his equipment. He explains alot on the video.

I think you are meaning his little tungsten tracking guide thingy.

a small piece of horribly hard metal that, when you track the belt against it, will stop the wobble.

the only real problem with doing this is that it should only really be used to correct small wobbles ... anything too great and the tungsten will end up ripping the edges of the belt to all heck.
and then you have more issues to have to deal with.

but, it does work for those belts that are just a little bit temperamental and want to move that little bit while you are fretting over plunge cuts and undercutting etc etc.
:)

Hey Damaged, dont forget, the lovely missus meant well and was probably excited to do something nice for your new adventure.... make sure to tell her you appreciated it and it wasnt her fault. :)
** Thats advice from Thumper btw,:)

a small piece of horribly hard metal that, when you track the belt against it, will stop the wobble.

the only real problem with doing this is that it should only really be used to correct small wobbles ... anything too great and the tungsten will end up ripping the edges of the belt to all heck.

but, it does work for those belts that are just a little bit temperamental and want to move that little bit while you are fretting over plunge cuts and undercutting etc etc.

Your right, that is what it was.

Hi Dee!!

Glad to see you made it. I see I missed your first visit :eek::eek: Sorry about that.

This is exactly what I was hoping for. Your ability to reference and illuminate on those arcane bits of information us mere mortals lose track of in our heads. :confused:

Thanks for stopping by, hope to catch you on here on the weekend.

Mike

Well, thanks for the invite in the first place Mike :)

its nothing too mystical .. its simply that ive watched that video about 1,000 times ..
after that many times over i think even my cat can recite parts of the video word for word :)
mind you ... she is the smarter one between us ;)

Back