John Doyle featured in Blade Magazine

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
Congratulations to John Doyle who is featured in Blade Magazine's Knifemaker Showcase section of the current,May,issue.:35:

Hey thanks guys! :)

Way to go John! VERY much deserved! Is this your first time?

I've been in there once before. And I've been featured in Knife Magazine, back when it was called 'Knife World' twice.

I got my copy of Blade in the mail today and snapped this pic for you guys:

So you've been at it professionally about 6 years now? When did you make your first one?

I made my first knife in an intro class in Ozark, Missouri with Tom McGinnis, where I also bought my Burr King grinder. That was in late September of 2009. I muddled through it for awhile until I realized I was stuck and sought help from nearby (nearby in Montana terms :p ) from Ed Caffrey who pointed me also in the direction of Jon Christensen, who I had never heard of but found out he lived only 15 minutes up the road from me.

I started an unofficial apprentice ship under Jon and began to make knives part time in 2010. I didn't go full time until sometime in 2012.

That's kind of the short of it.

Very nice! Under listed shows, it says the Arkansas show, which starts tomorrow. Are you coming this year?

No I won't be there. I'm actually not sure how Arkansas made the list of shows. I'd like to do that show some day but it hasn't been in the cards so far.

This year, I will be at Blade show in June, the MKA show in Missoula, Montana in August and Kansas City in September.

Congrats John! Got to ask is that a recent pic. Somehow I had you pictured in my head as older. I guess you are just a seasoned veteran! congrats again it is always good to be recognized by your peers, that do the same thing you do! :35:

It's pretty recent. I think it was taken about 2 years ago. I'm 36.

Only 36 - You are still a pup! :biggrin: I thought you were much older. You have a long, long ways to retirement. Keep trudging forward.

Congrats on Blade magazine. Well deserved.

DeMo

Back