Japanese Gun Knife

toddmiller

Hi Bruce,
Last summer my wife and I spent three weeks in Japan. In Matsumoto we toured a Japanese fort with an elderly Japanese man who spoke excellent English. Inside the fort there were various weapons displayed. We came upon one case and he pointed at one item and said that "This is where James Bond got his ideas." But I looked at it and I thought of you instead. You are kind of like James Bond. Here's a picture of the gun/knife he was showing us. Not as elegant as yours but pretty cool never the less. I don't know how old it was.
Todd

Gunknife.jpg

Hi Todd,
Kaye and I went on vacation at Seaside Oregon last summer and I bought James Bonds drivers license and "license to kill" at one of the shops. I can't wait to get pulled over by the police so I can flash it.

Cool fixed blade gun. What caliber is it?

Hi Todd,
Kaye and I went on vacation at Seaside Oregon last summer and I bought James Bonds drivers license and "license to kill" at one of the shops. I can't wait to get pulled over by the police so I can flash it.

Cool fixed blade gun. What caliber is it?

That must be a handy driver's license to have. It looked like about a 22 caliber but all the descriptions were in Japanese so it was hard to tell.
Todd

We wont see each other at the Boise Show this year. Too bad that one was cancelled. Whatcha been working on lately?

We wont see each other at the Boise Show this year. Too bad that one was cancelled. Whatcha been working on lately?
I was looking forward to the Boise Show and catching up. It was also giving me a deadline to get some things done. Here is one I finished a few days ago. http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php...uller-and-Cocobolo-Handle&p=226714#post226714 I am considering doing the Blade Show in Atlanta, just to see it if nothing else. I have heard it is so big I am not sure if my knives would get noticed. Any thoughts? I should post some more stuff from Japan I have lots of pictures.Todd

Holy cow Todd, that's a beautiful knife! I'm going to have to check out your website now. :)

Edit: Okay Todd, you are officially one hell of a fine knifemaker! It's been a long time since I've seen work as clean and detailed and original as yours is. I'm really in awe, and thankful for the experience of looking at your stuff. Amazing! I have no idea how you pulled some of that work off, but you sure did. Wow! :)

Last edited:
Todd Dave's right, that's a gorgeous knife.
Too bad we won't meet again in Boise. I liked that show because of the cutting competition and knife throwing. Most shows are are just tables with knives but we actually got to show how our knives cut stuff. I used to throw knives until my shoulder went south.

I've done the Blade show 4 times and it is an experience for sure.

Thanks for the compliment Dave, I will try not to let it go to my head. ;) Bruce I am sorry to miss the Boise show too, I think I will go ahead and give Blade Atlanta a try. Like you say I am sure it will be an experience. We will consider it a mini-vacation so we can't lose. Todd

Todd, have no fear; you will sell out immediately at the Blade show. There's no other work like yours, and it's beautiful besides being so well executed. Be sure to enter some of your work in the various competitions.

Back