J.S. test knives by David Roeder

David Roeder

Today a good friend of mine Tom Morris and myself had a nice visit with Walla Walla M.S. Bruce Bump at his shop. As always I love the time I have to visits with Bruce. Today both Tom and myself brought our J.S. test knives for Bruce to look over. All in all I'd say that the visit was educational as always and that I should be good to go for my examination later this month. Here's a preview of the finished set with my performance test knife. Photography is me, and of corse the knives are me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 82
Gentlemen, I had the pleasure of observing Davids JS Performance test and also inspecting these 5 knives that will be judged next weekend in San Antonio Texas. These 5 I believe will pass through judging but getting to this stage takes allot of commitment to this craft. There are only 2 places that the ABS will even look at an applicants knives, one is The Blade Show in Atlanta Georgia and the San Antonio Texas Show. To Journey back and forth to my shop several times and then to fly to either of these locations just for the "Nod" to be a Journey Man Smith is no small endeavor. This takes time and money but mostly commitment to make the very best knife he can make.
Well done David

Good luck in the test, hopefully they weather just fine.
I really like the second one to the end. A very appealing simple bowie.

I just heard from San Antionio Texas ABS Expo that David Roeder indeed Passed his Judging and is now an official America Bladesmith Society "Journeyman Smith"
Congrats David!!

Congratulations David!!!! Looking at the photos, I was fully expecting to hear "Passed"!

Next step - Master Smith!!

Ken H>

Congrats David, It was nice to meet and talk to you at the show. Looking forward to seeing what comes out of your shop in the future.

Back